Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree that Vinnie coming off lost us the game. Our inability to score goals cost us this game (and others)

Correct ! The only goal we conceded we were cheated by a crap referee who had a shocking game, but the problems lay further forward. Sterling and Aguero did nowt when they came on, Sterling is worryingly starting to revert to the Sterling of last season, i.e. useless, Navas was back to his speedboat out of control best, ran around a lot but nothing to show for it ! Iheanacho couldn't trap a bag of cement and was Sane on the pitch !? For 37m this guy is taking a long time to settle in. Fernando and Garcia did their jobs well but create nothing as expected. That was the problem, not the defence.

To be fair it is becoming a massive frustration for me,in all aspects of our team/play,maybe I'm just looking at the Vinny situation to mask the whole situation of what is currently happening,it's like these last few weeks,the morning after the night before,I'll be ok this afternoon
I doubt you'd be feeling much better today if vinnie had picked up another bad calf strain and whilst defensively we were much better with him on the pitch, him staying on was no guarantee we'd have won.

Correct ! The only goal we conceded we were cheated by a crap referee who had a shocking game, but the problems lay further forward. Sterling and Aguero did nowt when they came on, Sterling is worryingly starting to revert to the Sterling of last season, i.e. useless, Navas was back to his speedboat out of control best, ran around a lot but nothing to show for it ! Iheanacho couldn't trap a bag of cement and was Sane on the pitch !? For 37m this guy is taking a long time to settle in. Fernando and Garcia did their jobs well but create nothing as expected. That was the problem, not the defence.
Sterling was excellent at barca just 8 days ago! He doesn't look half the player on the left but he's looked good in most matches on the right. He played on the right for about 10 mins last night against a packed defence where nobody was getting any joy. Judging him on that would be harsh.

the amount of money you spend on a player has nothing to do with player's settling in process. Some take longer, some take little less. Its life.

In case anyone didn't read this from a few days ago,he did the right thing last night

Vincent Kompany admits having to compromise with Pep Guardiola's medical staff as he strives for a solution to his injury problem. [Mail]
Vincent Kompany: "I've had to make one commitment to the medical staff, which was that I'd be honest towards them with my feelings."
Kompany: "[I told the medical staff] that I would listen to them when they made a decision. Before the game, they made the decision for me."
Kompany: "Maybe another day I would never have gone off after 70 minutes like I did but it's part of the bargain and it's for the best."

I'm sorry but the words 'I'm tired take me off' should never come out of the captains mouth during a derby match. Shocking mentality.

He is under instructions to do so from the medical staff and therefore from Pep.

I feel that there are quite a few people on this forum that are too eager to write off players (Kompany, Kun, Silva being just three that have come under attack one way or another int he last couple of weeks with very little reason)......look at how this thread suddenly developed last night...people shouting for him to be dumped without any knowledge of what was actually happened...they were proven wrong yet not one of them comes on and says so.

Its endemic in our society...things are thrown away so easily and negatives are easier to get attention from (just like in the media really) and Im guessing that is why it is done (on a sun sub-conscieous level at least).

I'm sorry but the words 'I'm tired take me off' should never come out of the captains mouth during a derby match. Shocking mentality.
Maybe he should have said I'll carry on and pick up another injury screwing up the rest of the season.
If there is one player whose mentality has been outstanding for many seasons for this club it's Vinny
Anyone doubting his mentality is pissed, an idiot or hasn't seen him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.