Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe true maybe not but this time last week Pep was having to tell the press their stories about Kun weren't true. Another day another City player faces the axe.

He seems to be stuck between a rock and a hard place. He needs game time to progressively build up his fitness and adapt to the new system. But if he can't play 90 mins then Pep is going to be reluctant to play him. No manager would want to "waste" a substitution on replacing a CB. And with our recent run of results, Barca coming up, Pep will be reluctant to play him if he doesnt fit into the system, and keeps clearing the ball into the stands.

Strikes me as he's doing well in his recovery if he plays 77 minutes and then follows it up 3 days later with another 45.

After the number of setbacks he has had, caution is the way to go.

You lose a few games, journalists start to sharpen their pencils, and there's an influx of relieved Utd fans still traumatised by the memory of Kompany - a player who was far more significant in the rise of Manchester City than the then manager. May I remind the visiting Utd fans that you struggled to beat a team that will see 9 changes in players so if you can change the habit of a lifetime, you'd be better advised to look closer to home. You'll be changing manager sooner than we will.

Kompany is getting better. He's close to being a regular again. Far closer than he was a month ago.

He seems to be stuck between a rock and a hard place. He needs game time to progressively build up his fitness and adapt to the new system. But if he can't play 90 mins then Pep is going to be reluctant to play him. No manager would want to "waste" a substitution on replacing a CB. And with our recent run of results, Barca coming up, Pep will be reluctant to play him if he doesnt fit into the system, and keeps clearing the ball into the stands.
He is perfect for our system. A player with leadership, experience and good technique. Remember a player who can play in midfield. Strikes me that its Stones who should be looking at Kompany and learning when to play, and when to clear it.

He is perfect for our system. A player with leadership, experience and good technique. Remember a player who can play in midfield. Strikes me that its Stones who should be looking at Kompany and learning when to play, and when to clear it.
Totally agree, vinnie isn't someone who hoofs it out of play for the sake of it, he's a centre back who has always been comfortable bringing the ball out of defence. A few long passes went astray on Wednesday for varying reasons (some his fault some not so much) but I don't think Pep minds his centre backs trying long passes, kolarov seems to attempt them regularly and it looks like something they have planned. If a fully fit kompany can't fit into Pep's system then there's something wrong IMO.

I'm not saying that he cant play in the system. But he's very rusty and, now that we're how of the EFL cup in a relatively poor run, its going to be tricky to find the right sort of games to give him match practice, especially if he cant play 90mins.

Totally agree, vinnie isn't someone who hoofs it out of play for the sake of it, he's a centre back who has always been comfortable bringing the ball out of defence. A few long passes went astray on Wednesday for varying reasons (some his fault some not so much) but I don't think Pep minds his centre backs trying long passes, kolarov seems to attempt them regularly and it looks like something they have planned. If a fully fit kompany can't fit into Pep's system then there's something wrong IMO.
Attempts being the operative word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.