Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to remember camel gob saying he had a similar run of injuries as Vinnie has had. The root of his problem was in his back, now I assume the medical folk have explored this possibility? I just want Vinnie to get better and play again for us..........doesn't look good!!

I'm sorry folks but, unfortunately, football is a cut throat business these days. We can't afford to be carrying squad members who are unable to be relied on

It will be a sad day when Vinny finally leaves our club. Sadder still when you realise that we no longer need him. I love him to bits, he has been the face of our club from almost the day he signed.
I understand the need to move on, and I agree that if he isn't playing, then financially he will become a burden on the club.
I also understand that along with Zabba, he is one of the few players who get City. He bought into us when he was at the top of his game and any club in the world would have gladly taken him on. But he loved City, he married a Mancunian and a blue at that. Vincent Kompany is the epitome of a Blue.
I know we need to move on, I know we need a replacement, but at the least can we not show him the respect he deserves. He is an adopted Mancunian and a City fan by choice.
Some of the posts on here have been hard to read. If this is indeed the end of his playing career with us, can we not at the least start showing the same respect he has shown us.

It will be a sad day when Vinny finally leaves our club. Sadder still when you realise that we no longer need him. I love him to bits, he has been the face of our club from almost the day he signed.
I understand the need to move on, and I agree that if he isn't playing, then financially he will become a burden on the club.
I also understand that along with Zabba, he is one of the few players who get City. He bought into us when he was at the top of his game and any club in the world would have gladly taken him on. But he loved City, he married a Mancunian and a blue at that. Vincent Kompany is the epitome of a Blue.
I know we need to move on, I know we need a replacement, but at the least can we not show him the respect he deserves. He is an adopted Mancunian and a City fan by choice.
Some of the posts on here have been hard to read. If this is indeed the end of his playing career with us, can we not at the least start showing the same respect he has shown us.

I'd be interested why you think we no longer need him? Our defence is leaking at least a goal a game, Otamendi acts like a drunk on ice sliding about and we have spent like £100 million on CB's and we still haven't found a long term replacement. I think we very much do still need him which is why we have been so patient with him.

I'd be interested why you think we no longer need him? Our defence is leaking at least a goal a game, Otamendi acts like a drunk on ice sliding about and we have spent like £100 million on CB's and we still haven't found a long term replacement. I think we very much do still need him which is why we have been so patient with him.

Completely agree with your assessment of Otamendi, and a fully fit VK of 2012 would be a massive improvement. But we aren't talking about VK circa 2012, and todays VK is a shadow of the player he was.

We need someone as good but injury free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.