Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly I feel the time has come he has been a great player and will be remembered fondly but to get to the heights our owners want we have to move on I hope the club offer him a role on the coaching staff that's the least he deserves and remains part of our club for years to come.

He can stay as long as he wants and take his time getting fit. He's got the credit in the bank.

Fans should remember his service and his love for the club. This isn't someone that signed for trophies or a pay cheque.

This is Vincent fucking Kompany.

This house was built on him and Zab above all, and if they need some support this year for any reason, we owe it in spades.

He can stay as long as he wants and take his time getting fit. He's got the credit in the bank.

Fans should remember his service and his love for the club. This isn't someone that signed for trophies or a pay cheque.

This house was built on him and Zab above all, and if they need some support this year for any reason, we owe it in spades.

I don't think anyone is saying that he should not be supported. Reality is though that he cannot expect to be picked ahead of others anymore. And Kompany would be the first person to understand and agree with that.

Completely agree with your assessment of Otamendi, and a fully fit VK of 2012 would be a massive improvement. But we aren't talking about VK circa 2012, and todays VK is a shadow of the player he was.

strange that you are assessing performance levels when he hasn't really played and in the only 2 games he has featured in for any significant time he was excellent in both and our defence looked so much better....his injuries are a worry but his performance level is not so if he can get fit we know he is better than any centre half we have by a long shot...the question is about fitness and can he get back on the pitch

Exactly my thoughts too, and it will remain that way Until Vinny himself says " NO MAS", as fans I feel we owe him that, obviously the club MAY have a different idea, but I hope not though, he's a HUGE asset to the club regardless.

Spot on! I am sick of this modern mentality that seems to forget loyalty and service so quickly and want to appear ruthless and tough by giving it '' He is finished....move on!'' No sentimentality in football!'' Wrong! Football is all about loyalty and sentimentality which is why we become attached to a football club and certain players who 'Get the club' and give 100%. Although sadly it appears time and injuries may mean this is both players last season with us I hope if that happens they stay in this country and at our club for a long time in some capacity. Both love the club and bleed Blue blood and if that makes me a sentimental old fool then I am happy I am!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.