Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on! I am sick of this modern mentality that seems to forget loyalty and service so quickly and want to appear ruthless and tough by giving it '' He is finished....move on!'' No sentimentality in football!'' Wrong! Football is all about loyalty and sentimentality which is why we become attached to a football club and certain players who 'Get the club' and give 100%. Although sadly it appears time and injuries may mean this is both players last season with us I hope if that happens they stay in this country and at our club for a long time in some capacity. Both love the club and bleed Blue blood and if that makes me a sentimental old fool then I am happy I am!

Hear hear (by another sentimental old fool) !

Hear hear (by another sentimental old fool) !

I can't disagree with that either. If he can't stay fit, then I hope he works for the club in another capacity.

It is starting to look as if he is suffering from a lack of confidence in his fitness rather than actually injured nowardays. But he can take as long as he likes for me.

Typical city fans, they want players to show loyalty to the club and when one who has shown loyalty has bad time with injuries . dump him, no use to us now ???

Typical city fans, they want players to show loyalty to the club and when one who has shown loyalty has bad time with injuries . dump him, no use to us now ???

Agree 100%.

Some fans are desperate to get the likes of Kompany and Zabaleta etc out of the club.

I don't remember even the rags treating the likes of Scholes, Giggs or Neville in the same way.

We want loyalty from the players but are so quick to slate them and want them gone when they're going through bad times.

I can't disagree with that either. If he can't stay fit, then I hope he works for the club in another capacity.

It is starting to look as if he is suffering from a lack of confidence in his fitness rather than actually injured nowardays. But he can take as long as he likes for me.

He would be ideal talking to the up and coming youngsters about being part of our resurgence back to the top of the table. He is still young enough to be relevant to them and he can instil in them what it means being a Blue, our unique history and how he was a part of tearing that hated banner down at the swamp and what it meant to the fans. Over the years we have heard all the stuff coming out of the swamp about how all their fucking history was instilled in their youths and what playing for them meant. We need to do the same, to build up the aura surrounding our club,how lucky they are to do so and what is expected of them. It has served the rags well over the years and it can us.

He would be ideal talking to the up and coming youngsters about being part of our resurgence back to the top of the table. He is still young enough to be relevant to them and he can instil in them what it means being a Blue, our unique history and how he was a part of tearing that hated banner down at the swamp and what it meant to the fans. Over the years we have heard all the stuff coming out of the swamp about how all their fucking history was instilled in their youths and what playing for them meant. We need to do the same, to build up the aura surrounding our club,how lucky they are to do so and what is expected of them. It has served the rags well over the years and it can us.

Good shout that to have him part of the academy structure, I would add zabba to that as well.. It must mean more to kids coming to the club to be mentored by people who have been there and done it rather than just people who have the right badge.

He can stay as long as he wants and take his time getting fit. He's got the credit in the bank.

Fans should remember his service and his love for the club. This isn't someone that signed for trophies or a pay cheque.

This is Vincent fucking Kompany.

This house was built on him and Zab above all, and if they need some support this year for any reason, we owe it in spades.

Sorry soldier but I can't agree. We do owe Vinny but looked at objectively in the cool light of day there is little or no chance he will make it back. It reminds me of a sad day long ago when I watched Colin Bell make a brave but ultimately futile attempt to get back. It just wasn't on.
Paul Lake is another example. I have said for over 12 months now that I fear VK would not make it back and with regret recent events only
confirm this view. I will make a bold and sad prediction. I think that Vinny will hang up his boots within the next 6-18 months. We must be respectful to the great man and look after him
in any way we can but it is I'm afraid time to move on.

In this age of internet and social media we have City fans supporting our club captain by writing him off.
Fcuk in disgraceful in my opinion, I'm sure Vinny is aware of the loyal support he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.