Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps someone has already pointed it, and believe me I'm big Pep fan (that's why I'm here), but decision to play 90 minutes after 5 month was a blunder, or, if you want some conspiracy, calculated effort to prevent Vinny from the main squad. Pep could be as ruthless as Mou and other dictators managers.
There's no conspiracy. If Kompany wants to be useful in the future he has to be able to handle a low-level league cup game. If he can't last the full match in such a game how is Pep supposed to use him in real matches? This was Pep seeing whether he could trust Kompany in a big match. The answer seems to be he can't.

As sad as some may feel it is,at 30 and with chronic (in fact worse than chronic) injuries,there really is no time for sentiment. Pay up what remains of his contract and discount him totally from our plans. I think with the four we now have to cover Centre-Half we should be OK. What will cost us, and it could have happened last night playing out a game with 10 men, is where we are carrying a sick-note player just to appease a section of fans who think any player's feelings is more important than the success of the club. It sounds tough, but frankly we can't allow ourselves to go down that path. Keeping players beyond there sell by date when they are fit is silly, keeping them beyond that date when they are broken is worse.

Status as a club icon is well and truly secured for Vinny, however it's time to move on.

In spite, or perhaps to some extent because of the trappings that go hand in hand with being a leading footballer, to lose that prematurely must be an utter personal tragedy; along the lines of a minor industrial injury which prevents someone doing a job they truly love. All the money in the world can't fully compensate for a loss along those lines.

On that basis, it is utterly reprehensible for people who purport to be City fans to talk, as they are on this thread, in such brutal, callous and unkind terms about our captain, like he's a lame horse that needs to be led away and shot.

Perhaps it makes some people feel better about themselves, but it is both unnecessary and uncalled for. Have some fucking respect for our captain.
They are fucking bottom feeders, mate. They have no idea what it is to show support or respect. They will hide behind the idea that they're just looking at facts when all's they're really doing is showing themselves up for what they are - cunts.

As sad as some may feel it is,at 30 and with chronic (in fact worse than chronic) injuries,there really is no time for sentiment. Pay up what remains of his contract and discount him totally from our plans. I think with the four we now have to cover Centre-Half we should be OK. What will cost us, and it could have happened last night playing out a game with 10 men, is where we are carrying a sick-note player just to appease a section of fans who think any player's feelings is more important than the success of the club. It sounds tough, but frankly we can't allow ourselves to go down that path. Keeping players beyond there sell by date when they are fit is silly, keeping them beyond that date when they are broken is worse.

Status as a club icon is well and truly secured for Vinny, however it's time to move on.

What a pile of shit. Give your head a shake.

In spite, or perhaps to some extent because of the trappings that go hand in hand with being a leading footballer, to lose that prematurely must be an utter personal tragedy; along the lines of a minor industrial injury which prevents someone doing a job they truly love. All the money in the world can't fully compensate for a loss along those lines.

On that basis, it is utterly reprehensible for people who purport to be City fans to talk, as they are on this thread, in such brutal, callous and unkind terms about our captain, like he's a lame horse that needs to be led away and shot.

Perhaps it makes some people feel better about themselves, but it is both unnecessary and uncalled for. Have some fucking respect for our captain.
Yes, correct, all day long and always. As a footballer, a captain, and a man he is one of the best.

Since August 2014 he has played 56 games and missed 119 games. I don't VK to retire, but surely the most optimistic blue can see he's now on the brink. Personally I don't see Pep relying on him.
Well luckily he doesn't have to does he.

I would far rather someone else moved on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.