Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen vinnie has got all season. Pep hasn't flirted him off he's still here and still in blue. It's common knowledge that you get twinges and slight pulls after being out so long. Let's be positive here, it's not a torn thigh or torn groin muscle it's just a pull or a strain. A few weeks out after being out for four months will be nothing to vinnie. He's a fighter, he's a warrior and he'll be back stronger than ever. Take your time skipper we're right behind you.

This - get him right for the business end of the season.

The two aren't remotely related. There was never going to be a place for Hart. Pep would love Vinnie in his starting 11.

I guess we're gonna have to get used to these types of posters who have no affinity to City yet post like they do.
I guess we do although that one is going on ignore

The two aren't remotely related. There was never going to be a place for Hart. Pep would love Vinnie in his starting 11.

I guess we're gonna have to get used to these types of posters who have no affinity to City yet post like they do.

We should have a vetting for new fans.

Have I missed something? Nothing has been announced yet we have expert after expert on here saying how long VK will be out for?

Why don't you answer my bloody question. I bet you were.

But, hey, to cheer you up I'm not the only one to share that opinion: http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/09/22...ave-blown-his-last-chance-at-manchester-city/

With Guardiola comes the no-nonsense and honest ruthlessness which I appreciate over affection to any player.
Deflecting my question twice tells me all i need to know about you,you have no affection for our players because you are not a city fan

Was thinking about Kompany earlier and realised we may have a dilemma. With Pellegrini, as soon as Kompany was fit he came into the team- even when it meant disrupting an increasingly solid Otamendi/Mangala partnership. I don't know if Pep will be the same.
We've seen before that Pep doesn't have a lot of time for injury-prone players, and if Otamendi and Stones are playing very well he may prefer to keep that going than break it up with Kompany, when he is likey to get inured again a month later. It's easier for a CB pairing to play well if they play together consistently.

That said, I'd love for Kompany to overcome his fitness issues. If that happens, it's then an issue of who to drop of Otamendi and Stones.
The key issue is - Kompany plays, controls the defence like a coach and other players play better alongside him. He drives the team on. Result - hardly any goals conceded. Vinnie is the best centre back on the planet and a blue to his core. When fit, no striker in the world can get the better of him. I've never seen anyone get the ball off Messi so many times. One thing is certain - he'll manage City one day.

he played as well as ever (and far better than stones did) last night so im not sure how you work that out

his distribution was outstanding and the defense was organised better than ever...his ability in the air was there for all to see as was his pace (unlike ottomendi who got done a few times last weekend)

His distribution was'nt outstanding...he played well

Vinny's worried me for a while, i've asked a few kids who know about injurys why he slips a lot, banana skin stylee, not when over stretching or when over pressured, i can readily recall ten times he's slipped when going to do a burn-off, almost like he's got the wrong studs in but without his team mates doing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.