Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deflecting my question twice tells me all i need to know about you,you have no affection for our players because you are not a city fan
Dead right - it's as clear as day - just a buffoon trying to be a smart Alec - failing and embarrassing himself by ranting.

Last edited:
The two aren't remotely related. There was never going to be a place for Hart. Pep would love Vinnie in his starting 11.

I guess we're gonna have to get used to these types of posters who have no affinity to City yet post like they do.
I think you've missed the crux of the analogy.Pep can only love someone who is able to do what he wants. If Joe had the foot-skill ability Pep wanted, Pep would have loved him on his team. So pointing out "Pep would love Vinnie" is redundant if Vinnie lacks the Health-skills to be there. So in that sense, at this point neither Joe nor Komps seem reliable for what Pep wants. And thus the 2 are analogous. The relatedness being the "inability of both players to do what Pep needs." That one's inability to do what Pep wants is due to " foot skill" and the other is due to "health" isn't particularly significant.

However G's disciples point was less about the analogy (an appropriate one by the way) between the players, but rather more about the emotions of fans who accuse others of being one thing or another because those they accuse do not share their opinion.

That was the crux behind G's disciples response. I.e. He is pointing out that many accused others of not being true City fans for wanting Ter Stegen/Bravo over Joe. As the argument then was that it was disrespectful to want rid of a City legend after all he had achieved here. Implied in that or sometimes outright stated, was the "not a real City fan" if you think that.

So when Karen questions G's disciples support simply because he thinks a player who has been oft injured is not in City's best interest. Karen question implies no true City fan can feel this way. But in fact City fans feel many different ways about many different issues. And no position outside of actually hating City, is proof positive you are not a true City fan.
G's response using the Hart situation as analogy is not only poignant but actually apropriate.

The above said, I'd like to also respond to G's disciple and argue that Karen's question was at least in part due to G's Disciples handle name "Guardiola's disciple." Which might suggest said poster followed Guardiola here as opposed to loving the club before Guardiola's arrival. That said, had G's disciples opinion fallen in line with Karen's I doubt she'd have been asking that question in the first place.

So no matter how we look at it, while the poster's name might have been partly why Karen asked that question, his difference in opinion is at least a proximate reason. Which from that one can only imply many like Karen seem to think their opinions regarding City are the only opinions legitmately holdable by a true City fan. That I must conclude, is frankly asinine.

Rant over :)

Last edited:
Since August 2014 he has played 56 games and missed 119 games. I don't VK to retire, but surely the most optimistic blue can see he's now on the brink. Personally I don't see Pep relying on him.

He's not done his ACL or anything. Bit early to be writing him off just yet.

I think you've missed the crux of the analogy.Pep can only love someone who is able to do what he wants. had Joe have the foot-skill ability Pep wanted, Pep would have loved him on his team. So pointing out "Pep would love Vinnie" is redundant if Vinnie lacks the Health-skills to be their. So in that sense, at this point neither Joe nor Komps seem reliable for what Pep wants. And thus the 2 are quite related. The relatedness being the "inability of both players to do what Pep needs." That one's inability to do what Pep wants is due to "skill" and the other is due to "health" isnt particularly significant.

The above answers your objection: However G's disciples point was less about the comparison between the players and more about the emotions of fans who accuse others of being one thing or another because they do not share their opinion.
That was the crux of G's disciples response. I.e. He is pointing out that many accused others of not being true City fans for wanting Ter Stegen/Bravo over Joe. As the argument then was that it was disrespectful to want rid of a City legend after all he had achieved here. Implied in that or sometimes out right stated, was the "not a real City fan" claim.

So when Karen questions G's disciples support simply because he thinks a player who has been oft injured is not in City's best interest because that player is a legend. G's response using the Hart situation as analogy is not only poignant but actually apropro.

The above said, I'd like to also respond to G's disciple and argue that Karen's question was at least in part due to G's Disciples handle name "Guardiola's disciple." Which might suggest said poster followed Guardiola here as opposed to loving the club. That said, had G's disciples opinion fallen in line with KKaren's I doubt she'd have been asking that question in the first place.

So no matter how we look at it, while the poster's name might have been partly why Karen asked that question, his difference in position is at least a proximate reason.

If Pep says it's over for Vinny then I'll accept it.
Blokes on the internet who have no affinity to the club I won't.
Hope that's simple enough for you.

I think you've missed the crux of the analogy.Pep can only love someone who is able to do what he wants. had Joe have the foot-skill ability Pep wanted, Pep would have loved him on his team. So pointing out "Pep would love Vinnie" is redundant if Vinnie lacks the Health-skills to be their. So in that sense, at this point neither Joe nor Komps seem reliable for what Pep wants. And thus the 2 are quite related. The relatedness being the "inability of both players to do what Pep needs." That one's inability to do what Pep wants is due to "skill" and the other is due to "health" isnt particularly significant.

The above answers your objection: However G's disciples point was less about the comparison between the players and more about the emotions of fans who accuse others of being one thing or another because they do not share their opinion.
That was the crux of G's disciples response. I.e. He is pointing out that many accused others of not being true City fans for wanting Ter Stegen/Bravo over Joe. As the argument then was that it was disrespectful to want rid of a City legend after all he had achieved here. Implied in that or sometimes out right stated, was the "not a real City fan" claim.

So when Karen questions G's disciples support simply because he thinks a player who has been oft injured is not in City's best interest because that player is a legend. G's response using the Hart situation as analogy is not only poignant but actually apropro.

The above said, I'd like to also respond to G's disciple and argue that Karen's question was at least in part due to G's Disciples handle name "Guardiola's disciple." Which might suggest said poster followed Guardiola here as opposed to loving the club. That said, had G's disciples opinion fallen in line with KKaren's I doubt she'd have been asking that question in the first place.

So no matter how we look at it, while the poster's name might have been partly why Karen asked that question, his difference in position is at least a proximate reason.

You have totally got why i asked wrong,we are used to having posters who are here because they support a certain player as in the dzeko case and in this instance i believe just pep,i said don't get the hump,i like to know who i am talking too as in my experience you can't discuss emotions linked to players if they have none

d1ccac4f30e569e1775838fc580e892c.jpg

I think you've missed the crux of the analogy.Pep can only love someone who is able to do what he wants. If Joe had the foot-skill ability Pep wanted, Pep would have loved him on his team. So pointing out "Pep would love Vinnie" is redundant if Vinnie lacks the Health-skills to be there. So in that sense, at this point neither Joe nor Komps seem reliable for what Pep wants. And thus the 2 are analogous. The relatedness being the "inability of both players to do what Pep needs." That one's inability to do what Pep wants is due to " foot skill" and the other is due to "health" isn't particularly significant.

However G's disciples point was less about the analogy (an appropriate one by the way) between the players, but rather more about the emotions of fans who accuse others of being one thing or another because those they accuse do not share their opinion.

That was the crux behind G's disciples response. I.e. He is pointing out that many accused others of not being true City fans for wanting Ter Stegen/Bravo over Joe. As the argument then was that it was disrespectful to want rid of a City legend after all he had achieved here. Implied in that or sometimes outright stated, was the "not a real City fan" if you think that.

So when Karen questions G's disciples support simply because he thinks a player who has been oft injured is not in City's best interest. Karen question implies no true City fan can feel this way. But in fact City fans feel many different ways about many different issues. And no position outside of actually hating City, is proof positive you are not a true City fan.
G's response using the Hart situation as analogy is not only poignant but actually apropriate.

The above said, I'd like to also respond to G's disciple and argue that Karen's question was at least in part due to G's Disciples handle name "Guardiola's disciple." Which might suggest said poster followed Guardiola here as opposed to loving the club before Guardiola's arrival. That said, had G's disciples opinion fallen in line with Karen's I doubt she'd have been asking that question in the first place.

So no matter how we look at it, while the poster's name might have been partly why Karen asked that question, his difference in opinion is at least a proximate reason. Which from that one can only imply many like Karen seem to think their opinions regarding City are the only opinions legitmately holdable by a true City fan. That I must conclude, is frankly asinine.

You forgot to add, 'in your opinion'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.