Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is demonstrably not true, Firstly it was a rather unimportant EFL match for which we used reserve and youth players, secondly Pep has substituted both Ota and Stones in recent matches.
I suppose you're right about that although it was only done because of the fixture congestion. Guardiola's substitutions have been very unique in terms of taking off defenders so I guess you kind of have to take what is often done with a grain of salt. With that being said, typically speaking, CB is a position you absolutely do not want to change. Consistency, at least throughout a game, is usually seen as paramount.

Your first point has absolutely nothing to do with my comment or the situation. We were clearly trying to see if Vinnie could go a full game to see where he stood for future matches.

As much as it pains me this could very well be us seeing a true city legend fading away slowly but surely but i hope not.

This is demonstrably not true, Firstly it was a rather unimportant EFL match for which we used reserve and youth players, secondly Pep has substituted both Ota and Stones in recent matches.

It could have happened in the first minute of the game.

Overstretching is what does him in most times , his muscles and ligaments are not strong enough to cope with the way he plays so he has to change that or it will continue whether its his groin , his calf his hamstrings whatever.

If he doesn't its highly likely to continue and he is of little use to us off the park.

i love the whole "why wasn't he brought off" line. He's been fit for about a month now and training daily, this wasn't a situation where he's not match fit and can't manage 90 minutes yet. Vinny was fit and needed to prove he's capable of playing the entire game, ultimately that hasn't happened. He wasn't rushed back, he was purposely held back infact there's nobody to blame. If the injury isn't connected to the others it may just be extremely bad luck and he'll be back fairly quickly or it may be the harsh reality that he can't be relied on anymore

i love the whole "why wasn't he brought off" line. He's been fit for about a month now and training daily, this wasn't a situation where he's not match fit and can't manage 90 minutes yet. Vinny was fit and needed to prove he's capable of playing the entire game, ultimately that hasn't happened. He wasn't rushed back, he was purposely held back infact there's nobody to blame. If the injury isn't connected to the others it may just be extremely bad luck and he'll be back fairly quickly or it may be the harsh reality that he can't be relied on anymore

Agreed Pep has said for many weeks now that he has been waiting on Vinny and the doctors to tell him if and when he was ready and gave him the 90 minutes to prove himself not sure what all the fuss is about blaming others for this.

Kompany has missed the most number of matches in the league due to injury the last two seasons, so don't understand the logic of some fans blaming Pep for his recurring injury woes..

Because they are very important to the first team at the moment as we don't have back up due to well, you know.

I suppose you're right about that although it was only done because of the fixture congestion. Guardiola's substitutions have been very unique in terms of taking off defenders so I guess you kind of have to take what is often done with a grain of salt. With that being said, typically speaking, CB is a position you absolutely do not want to change. Consistency, at least throughout a game, is usually seen as paramount.

Your first point has absolutely nothing to do with my comment or the situation. We were clearly trying to see if Vinnie could go a full game to see where he stood for future matches.

I am not sure that it was done with fixture congestion in mind typically central defenders run a bit less and are less requiring of finishing early than other outfield players.
Pep's own reasoning from recall was that Ota had a yellow card against his name(A fairly common occurrence amongst central defenders and likely to be repeated) and that Stones had missed a few tackles(something I observed myself as they were right next to where I sit).
I don't think Pep is in any ways adverse to substituting central defenders.

I am not particularly sure why we were seeing if Vinny would last the full 90 Mins it is common practice to allow other players after long lay offs shorter periods to get them up to match fitness as we have seen with Gundogan and Sane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.