Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is any chance of Vinny playing regularly he has to be nurtured, we haven't got a defender fit to lace his boots anywhere else in the squad.
Wonderfully though we have played this season relatively ordinary premiership strikers have looked dangerous against all our other defenders at times.
Maybe a few seasons ago I'd agree with that, but not now.

If there is any chance of Vinny playing regularly he has to be nurtured, we haven't got a defender fit to lace his boots anywhere else in the squad.
Wonderfully though we have played this season relatively ordinary premiership strikers have looked dangerous against all our other defenders at times.
Yes we do. Kompany isn't fit enough to lace his own boots - that's the problem!

I didn't want to bring up any sinister speculation previously, but yeah, I wouldn't rule something like that out at this stage.

Guardiola doesn't get to where he has without having a brilliant, cunning mind. It's all a bit cloaks and daggers to me and Vin's in a pretty tough spot all round at the moment.
I don't see any evidence suggesting that Pep is, or did, what you and a couple of other guys said. That you guys have a sinister mind is however there for everyone to see. It says a lot about you that you speculate like that.

No issue whatsoever with us sending players to anywhere in the world for the best treatment possible but wasnt the whole point of the new medical research centre at the Campus us bringing it all in house with the very best in their fields looking after our players now?

I don't see any evidence suggesting that Pep is, or did, what you and a couple of other guys said. That you guys have a sinister mind is however there for everyone to see. It says a lot about you that you speculate like that.

We are still in honeymoon mode and there's no hard evidence. Time will tell.

Do you not think he's pretty ruthless then?

What makes you so sure the club has to or wants to offer him an off field role.

I don't but I think he would warm to it as I don't see him playing beyond his City days.

How long that is who knows but this injury history won't last under Pep if it continues and it will unless he changes the way he plays before he runs out of patience with him.

Of course he's ruthless. Getting rid of revered guys like Deco, Ronaldinho, Pig fucker and Joe Hart is a massive chest puffing statement that brings all the other players into line.

Experience shows that if you're out for 4 months, you return and you pick up "niggles" which you just have to work your way through.

Hopefully that's all this is. Should expect it. It would be worrying if the calf had gone again, or the muscle he had had the op on, had gone again. Let's hope it's neither. I think he'll be playing regularly soon enough.

Of course he's ruthless. Getting rid of revered guys like Deco, Ronaldinho, Pig fucker and Joe Hart is a massive chest puffing statement that brings all the other players into line.

Schweinsteiger left because he wanted to, not because Pep wanted him to.

The thing with this 'ruthlessness' that people talk about is that it's not quite what it seems to me. If Pep doesn't think you'll do the job required he'll get rid. It's pretty simple. Hart is the main example and I think he was genuinely going to give Yaya a chance but he blew it.
With Kompany I think that Pep appreciates he's a player who can very much do a job for him so will be willing to give him every chance to prove it to him. Obviously Vinnies problem is his fitness pure and simple. I don't think there's anything 'sinister' going on at all and folk are looking for something that doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.