Vincent Kompany - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't remember the last time he never got a yellow card in a game. If only he could cut out having to recover from something bad at least once a game. Tonight wasn't so much his fault but still.
That card was Stone's fault though.

No, we were outnumbered in the box, he had to make a choice on who to mark, he chose the goalside man which was the right decision.
We were out numbered, true. But he didn't make a decision on who to mark, and he didn't switch to pick up Salah. He simply became a spectator and lost Firmino on the return ball. It's hard to keep guard on plays like this.

It's his fault. But it's not that grave of an error. It's the kind of error that gets blown out of proportion if the offender was a boo boy.

We were out numbered, true. But he didn't make a decision on who to mark, and he didn't switch to pick up Salah. He simply became a spectator and lost Firmino on the return ball. It's hard to keep guard on plays like this.

It's his fault. But it's not that grave of an error. It's the kind of error that gets blown out of proportion if the offender was a boo boy.

Still remains, however, a leader amongst men.... we lose that tonight without his influence... the one true leader who exists in the squad... chips are down, stand up VK

Last edited:
Still remains, however, a leader amongst mean.... we lose that tonight without his influence... the one true leader who exists in the squad... chips are down, stand up VK
Vinny and Dinho for me. Both kept us going and saw us out.

Both will take some doing to replace.

Vinny is in his twilight from a physiological perspective. But, from a psychological perspective, he is rock standing above nearly all.

As he was walking off last night, he was looking at every teammate still on the pitch and saying “finish it”. Fist pumps, passionate plea, and setting expectations. Nothing drops. We win at all costs, as testified by his stuttered gate to the bench.

That is going to be incredibly difficult to replace.

Last edited:
You know, he put in a great performance, but the style of play the club now play is not a good match for him. Yesterday I held my breath every time he had the ball. But hats off Vinny, you was solid and what a defender you have been during your time at the club. A hero!

I would like to add, not only are you a super defender. You are a super leader. A super man!

And thanks for calling Salah a P#ssy when he rolled on the floor after your super tackle ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.