Vincent Kompany - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I read the comments here, I am baffled by the amount of people wanting to show Kompany the door. He clearly wants to play the EC with Belgium, meaning he'll definitely play football for another season after this one. Why not want him at City. He is still a great defender, especially as a 3rd/4th choice. Him being a terrible passer is overrated as well. I've seen him play some marvelous football.

For example:

Tremendous performance by Captain Kompany.

I was worried when he came off that he pulled a muscle and might be out for a long time - glad to hear that it was only cramp - and that Vinny was doing the smart thing by immediately going off.

Superb performance by Vinny who proved he has still got it. Vinny in his prime one of the best defenders in the world.

Great tackle, Vinny. Perfect control. How do you do a tackle like that and come up straight away with the ball at yer feet. Years of practice I suspect. I think Taylor might have thought it was magical, medieval, mumbo jumbo, and booked yer for being a warlock! Or even a horlock. Did he tell yer it was aggressive magic?

His leadership and commitment is incredible. But let's be honest: if he'd have got that red card (which he probably would have 4 times out of five), we'd all now be writing how he's just that bit too slow, past his best, and what was Pep thinking of in picking him.

Bright guy, studying for an MBA. Club legend. Strong family ties in Manchester. Recurring probs with injuries...

Maybe there’s a future role in the hierarchy for him, not necessarily on the coaching side.

His leadership and commitment is incredible. But let's be honest: if he'd have got that red card (which he probably would have 4 times out of five), we'd all now be writing how he's just that bit too slow, past his best, and what was Pep thinking of in picking him.
Maybe so.

But that entire sequence of play wasn't Kompany's fault - Stones played a very bad pass putting Kompany in an untenable situation.

Taking that particular play out of the equation - I think that Kompany had an excellent game - and I don't particularly fault Kompany for Liverpool's goal (for me, it was mostly on Sane - coupled with a bit of luck in the subsequent touches.

Maybe so.

But that entire sequence of play wasn't Kompany's fault - Stones played a very bad pass putting Kompany in an untenable situation.

Taking that particular play out of the equation - I think that Kompany had an excellent game - and I don't particularly fault Kompany for Liverpool's goal (for me, it was mostly on Sane - coupled with a bit of luck in the subsequent touches.
I agree, he had a great game.

Pep in the embargoed pre match presser vs Burton H:

Pep confirms City are talking about extending Kompany's contract.

"We are talking about that – I would like it. He’s our captain, 11 years here, we saw in the last two games the huge quality and personality he has to play.
The only problem with Vincent is one: injury problems."

Pep also says he is lucky to have four top central defenders and that each have their individual strengths.
“One against one, absolutely we are better with Vincent,” he said.

“Aymeric Laporte has a better left foot than Vinnie and every player has something special.
But Vinnie is incredible.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.