Vincent Kompany - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know how bad his latest calf injury actually is.

It seems to go from getting better to getting worse to no comment.

I notice he and Kun ( I think at least ) were not involved in the latest training session posted online so I figure we won't be seeing Vincent anytime soon.

Personally I think Pep wants a new CB in the summer to replace him as he can't rely on him anymore being fit for enough games anymore I have to concur with that.

He is also on the record as saying we need to find a replacement for Ferny and David as well as another fullback so I suspect we might go for 4-5 new players in the summer.

With the way teams can improve dramatically from one season to the next now ( ala Liverpool this year 13 points ahead of last years points total at the same time ) its what is needed now if you are to compete for the title effectively year upon year.

Seems to be one thing after another for Vinny. He is a beast when fit but it’s sadly not often enough nowadays.

It used to be really worrying when Vinny was injured we had players like Mangala coming in to the team , but with Stones , Otto , Laporte and the emerging Garcia we have strength in depth , hopefully Vinny gets another couple of years on his contract , but i think we are witnessing his twilight years as a truly great Manchester City footballer , used to think he was irreplaceable but time moves on.

It used to be really worrying when Vinny was injured we had players like Mangala coming in to the team , but with Stones , Otto , Laporte and the emerging Garcia we have strength in depth , hopefully Vinny gets another couple of years on his contract , but i think we are witnessing his twilight years as a truly great Manchester City footballer , used to think he was irreplaceable but time moves on.
Id love to see him playing with Garcia when he's fit to impart some of the incredible knowledge he has on the game onto Garcia. Could really be something special

Id love to see him playing with Garcia when he's fit to impart some of the incredible knowledge he has on the game onto Garcia. Could really be something special

He will do that as player/defence coach from next season onwards, on his way to learning to be our future manager and prime minister of Belgium.

And yet he probably had his best game in a number of seasons against the dippers...

I’ve kind of gone full swing on the notion that he needs to be replaced, if he’s fit for 8/9 big games a year and he’s the difference (which he invariably is) then he deserves the extension in my book. You can’t buy his leadership qualities, he just puts everyone at ease and leads by example. Without komps v the dippers you don’t get the intensity of Bernardo etc:....

The season isn’t anywhere near over and we’ll need those qualities again, sure of it....

Put it this way, I’d want him starting in any finals that ensue!

And yet he probably had his best game in a number of seasons against the dippers...

I’ve kind of gone full swing on the notion that he needs to be replaced, if he’s fit for 8/9 big games a year and he’s the difference (which he invariably is) then he deserves the extension in my book. You can’t buy his leadership qualities, he just puts everyone at ease and leads by example. Without komps v the dippers you don’t get the intensity of Bernardo etc:....

The season isn’t anywhere near over and we’ll need those qualities again, sure of it....

Put it this way, I’d want him starting in any finals that ensue!
Whilst I agree with most of that, I really do like the Stones/Laporte pairing and less chance of a red in a CL final with those two.

Whilst I agree with most of that, I really do like the Stones/Laporte pairing and less chance of a red in a CL final with those two.

I think the potential of the Stones / Laporte partnership is immense. Wash my mouth out but I can't help being reminded of Hansen / Lawrenson.

On Vinnie, he has to be kept at the club. I'd make him a player-coach next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.