Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

It’s not though. They’ve all said the same thing - that how does a manager who relegates club in 24 points then get the Bayern Munich job? The question is there to be asked.

If Virgil or slabhead get a job, promote a club, relegate them then get a job of similar stature to what Vincent has just got, what would you say?
Agreed. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how he's got the gig. You wouldn't have thought of Bayern as a club that takes risks. But this is, to me, a risk. He's never managed a club of that stature. He didn't do much at Anderlecht, really. And he had one fantastic season (in the second tier) with Burnley, followed by one pretty grim season. I love the guy for everything he did at City, and I'd love to see him succeed at Bayern (while, at the same time, hoping that he fails as I hate that club). Good luck Vinnie.

Agreed. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how he's got the gig. You wouldn't have thought of Bayern as a club that takes risks. But this is, to me, a risk. He's never managed a club of that stature. He didn't do much at Anderlecht, really. And he had one fantastic season (in the second tier) with Burnley, followed by one pretty grim season. I love the guy for everything he did at City, and I'd love to see him succeed at Bayern (while, at the same time, hoping that he fails as I hate that club). Good luck Vinnie.
That’s it in a nutshell. It’s why I have put the paperboy, slab head and Virgil comparisons in, because the blue goggles are really smearing some posters opinions.

There is a statue of Kompany outside our stadium for what he did on the pitch. Deserved, thoroughly.

His management so far is underwhelming and yet here we are with him getting the job at Bayern Munich. Nothing to do with City or his history with us. The question is there to be asked.

I think this is fascinating mainly as it suggests the high degree of influence little old City seem to have across European football of late. First its Micah all over the telly, then Sunday League teams playing out from the back to retain possession/ control... then this.

Don't get me wrong, wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he smashed it. Vinnie is an exceptionally intelligent and charismatic guy, and I dont think that's a blue-tinted view. I hope he gets them to buy in to him, he'll do well.

Got to agree with all that. Strange appointment in lots of ways

Just read an article on The Athletic website which detailed some reasons why he was considered.

One of the big things was his language skills - he speaks fluent German and French with the latter being important as Bayern have several players whose first language is French.

His experience of playing in the Bundesliga was also a positive.

The way in which his Burnley side played in The Championship was also a positive - dominating possession in a Pep type way. The conclusion was that his preferred style would work better with Bayern than Burnley in the top flight.

I also think it is a very bold move by Bayern - the key thing will be how the Bayern squad react to Vinnie and his management style.

It’s not though. They’ve all said the same thing - that how does a manager who relegates club in 24 points then get the Bayern Munich job? The question is there to be asked.

If Virgil or slabhead get a job, promote a club, relegate them then get a job of similar stature to what Vincent has just got, what would you say?
That's a big if. Still then, it would depend on other factors, just as it does with VK.
* Did they have a clear philosophy? Would that philosophy fit in with the new club?
* What squad and resources were they given for the promotion job?
* How did they come across in the media, and in training videos?
* Did they win with a record points total?
* Did they already take charge of a struggling mid-table team abroad and get them to consecutive third place finishes before that promotion job?
* Did they suddenly develop a better knowledge of the game? (especially in Maguire's case)

It’s a plan that City have hatched get Vinnie in to fuck em up good and proper.
He fucks them up good and proper he's also fucking up his managerial prospects as well, this is his big opportunity. Although I will find it funny if he fucks them up even more than they are lol. Kane might very soon be wishing he stayed at Tottenham and that's saying something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.