Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

I say that because when I see teams playing it out from the back and cocking it up, I think to myself, only when you've got top quality players such as the keeper and the back line at City can you do that time and time again susuccessfully
You've pretty much answered the question of why Bayern have appointed him. Lots of managers who played at the top level have said, the hardest part of management is getting your ideas across to more 'limited' players, and expecting those players to be able to do it, once they do understand.

Hope he succeeds. Good bloke and plays good football. Let's see him do it with better players - although that didn't go too well for Potter. Also I'm not sure he'll take any shit from the star players.

For me he is somewhat ideal - the only disadvantage is the lack of experience.

His German is excellent - not mother tongue but not too far away and fluent on a high level when he gets used to it again - even if he today did not do most of the press conference in German. His mother tongues are french and dutch and he learned English and German in school.

The way he wants to play and stands for is that what I want to see. A very good positional play, good pressing, attacking football, triangles etc.

Rummenigge and Hoeneß talked with Pep before giving their oks...

Vinny is far better than Tuchel.

The right full back was the weak link. From what I saw of Burnley in the early games of the season.
They would have beat the press every time if they had a player like Rico.
Because they were like City until it broke down with the Fullback.
One player would have changed their destiny.

I hate Bayern as much as any blue. And Dortmund the scummy twats, I’d like to add. But Vinny is bigger than both those clubs put together for me.

whatever happens in the future. He’s done Manchester proud. And City proud every time he’s asked to comment on our club.

Born in Belgium, Made in Manchester.

I dont really see why people think its an odd choice. Football is moving on, managers aren't judged exclusively on their results anymore. A decade ago Vinnie would have been slaughtered for not changing his approach when it was clear the players he had just couldn't do what he wanted from them to a high enough level to survive but now if you want the big jobs, Its more important to stick with your principles so the bigger sides can see how you'd fit with better players.

theres also the pep factor. everybody wants pep football, they cant get pep so they look for pep influenced football which means looking at anybody thats been in contact with Pep. the clamour for it is bordering on cult-like, the entire football world wants Pep.

Brilliant to see city using Bayern Munich as the proving grounds for our future managers. If he's a success there we know we can get him whenever the time is right, if not we know he either needs more experience or he's not quite got it and we dont have to go through the pain of finding that out first hand and having to sack a city hero. It's win-win for us.

I think when Company was at Burnley he had a good squad but by no means the greatest the championship had ever seen. He did excellent.

Burnley in the prem he had a poor team and it didn't work out. They used the promotion money to pay off the debt they'd built u over the years and although signed Trafford for 19m didn't do much else.

You put Kompany in charger of Bayern with a very good team and the potential for it to get better I believe his managerial performances will be more like his first year at Burnley.

I think when Company was at Burnley he had a good squad but by no means the greatest the championship had ever seen. He did excellent.

Burnley in the prem he had a poor team and it didn't work out. They used the promotion money to pay off the debt they'd built u over the years and although signed Trafford for 19m didn't do much else.

You put Kompany in charger of Bayern with a very good team and the potential for it to get better I believe his managerial performances will be more like his first year at Burnley.
And most importantly. The back room staff. Everything is already in place for him to succeed.

A lot seems said about Bayern speaking to Pep before appointing him, and Pep recommending him for the job.

But he never managed with Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.