Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

It’s not though. They’ve all said the same thing - that how does a manager who relegates club in 24 points then get the Bayern Munich job? The question is there to be asked.

If Virgil or slabhead get a job, promote a club, relegate them then get a job of similar stature to what Vincent has just got, what would you say?
Wouldn't be saying 'Virgil' for starters!!

Agreed. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how he's got the gig. You wouldn't have thought of Bayern as a club that takes risks. But this is, to me, a risk. He's never managed a club of that stature. He didn't do much at Anderlecht, really. And he had one fantastic season (in the second tier) with Burnley, followed by one pretty grim season. I love the guy for everything he did at City, and I'd love to see him succeed at Bayern (while, at the same time, hoping that he fails as I hate that club). Good luck Vinnie.
Vinny was well thought of by a few ex-pros in this country - probably no more than a couple, and adored by the City fans and the club, hence the statue, and he spent some time with Hamburg, and he's probably thought of much better in Germany than he generally was outside Beswick. And considering what he had to work with in East Lancs they might have thought he worked wonders to keep 'em in touch.

He fucks them up good and proper he's also fucking up his managerial prospects as well, this is his big opportunity. Although I will find it funny if he fucks them up even more than they are lol. Kane might very soon be wishing he stayed at Tottenham and that's saying something.
Kane still wishing he had come to City ;-)

The world is mental then because when Pep leaves and if we appoint someone who just relegated a club, I for one will be extremely fucked off and underwhelmed.
It’s not debating the appointment though is it? Some parts of the media are mocking Kompany and some of the comments have been vicious. The Bayern job is a surprise but why all the hate. Rooney was given respect though his record is much worse than Vinny.

Their "legends" are managing likes of Al Ettifaq and Plymouth while our legend is getting to manage Bayern, what's not to like about this? Kompany might not have the coaching pedigree yet but he certainly has the traits, an exceptional leader, a top player and a great character. I would love to see him do exceptionally well and may be he could be the one to take over from pep when the time comes

It's a biiig call, isn't it? From Burnley to Bayern. Well, you can't blame him for taking it.
It may just be that the type of football that Vin wants played requires exactly the quality of player that he'll be getting at Bayern (and that he couldn't, for obvious reasons, get at Burnley). We'll see.
I'll always wish him well.

I say that because when I see teams playing it out from the back and cocking it up, I think to myself, only when you've got top quality players such as the keeper and the back line at City can you do that time and time again successfully.

Such a strange appointment. Will see how it goes and wish him the best obviously, really can't understand their logic though ha

Seems pretty simple to me - Vinny gets a chance for a year and if he succeeds brilliant, if not Klopp will come in. Maybe Alonso, but I think he's more likely to go to Madrid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.