Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

I’ve always understood player power got Ancelotti out at Bayern Munich. He’s a world class manager so if he lost that one then Kompany surely will.

I’ll be keeping an eye on his progress with interest.

Funny how many defend Komps, we all love him and he is a legend but that clip is horrifying. A man out of his depth managing a team that is on course to be relegated. If this clip was Rooney there wouldn't be one man defending him that's for sure.
Horrifying? Fucking horrifying?

Jesus wept.

There’s an awful lot of naive posters on here who have obviously never played football at a decent level and been on a training ground when it gets intense.
This kind of thing happens on a weekly basis in competitive sport.

It's an over the top reaction, but if someone isn't pulling their weight and is damaging the group then they deserve to be called out. Cancelo was a bad egg in the camp so Pep got rid. It's more cut throat to do that than to call them out and give them a chance to change their attitude.

The issue at Burnley, whether Kompany's fault or the board's, was that they put too much faith in talented youngsters and didn't have enough nous to stay in the division. They played some lovely football but orchestrated their own downfall fairly regularly. I'd imagine they come straight back up and will be in a better position to stay up next time.

I'm interested to see how Kompany gets on at Bayern. I want them to fail because I fucking hate them, but I want him to do well - so it's a tough one. He has to win the league, play good football and challenge in the CL to get the fans on board realistically. But I think he's unlikely to need to throw his toys out very often with elite players - they are likely to want to play for him and perform to his standards and he's got an approach they should buy into.

Jesus wept.

There’s an awful lot of naive posters on here who have obviously never played football at a decent level and been on a training ground when it gets intense.

Yep, played football to a semi pro level and whilst tempers can be raised, behaving like that loses dressing rooms too. The player walked off several times, the player wasn't responding. Kompany was constantly provoking. He's the manager - lead by example. He is now in a job miles too big for him. You reckon he will get away with talking to the Bayern players like that? No chance.

I’ve always understood player power got Ancelotti out at Bayern Munich. He’s a world class manager so if he lost that one then Kompany surely will.

I’ll be keeping an eye on his progress with interest.
Ancelotti left Bayern six years ago. I doubt there are many of his squad still there. Müller and Neuer, obviously, but any others?

Jesus wept.

Doesn’t make it okay, though.

Doesn’t make it okay, though.
It’s part and parcel of the game imo. Might not look great but it’s certainly not unusual and has happened forever.

I remember getting my arse handed to me as a 16 year old at Oldham by Joe Royal, and he was the most chilled out manager I’ve ever met!

In any management it's important to address issues calmly and respectfully, and focus on constructive feedback. Swearing damages relationships, and reduces morale. Just because it’s in a sporting environment makes no differece.

In any management it's important to address issues calmly and respectfully, and focus on constructive feedback. Swearing damages relationships, and reduces morale. Just because it’s in a sporting environment makes no differece.
It does.
Sport is completely different to your normal workplace. I’m astounded that some can’t see this.
The question of wherever it’s right or wrong can be asked but to believe it makes no difference us a bit mental.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.