Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

It does.
Sport is completely different to your normal workplace. I’m astounded that some can’t see this.
The question of wherever it’s right or wrong can be asked but to believe it makes no difference us a bit mental.
Where are the research papers that back up the argument ‘sport is completely different’?

Where are the research papers that back up the argument ‘sport is completely different’?
I’m pretty sure high level, professional sport doesn’t need scientific research to conclude it’s different to working in telesales.

I’m pretty sure high level, professional sport doesn’t need scientific research to conclude it’s different to working in telesales.

I think we will not agree on this but there are a number of research papers here are two examples.

Impact of Coach's Swearing on Team Dynamics and Performance" (2012) by Langevin & Parent:
  • This paper specifically investigates the effects of swearing by coaches on team dynamics in sports. The findings suggest that while some athletes might view swearing as a sign of passion, the majority see it as detrimental to team cohesion and trust. The study concludes that swearing generally has a negative impact on team performance and should be avoided
The Effects of Verbal Aggression in Sports: Perceptions and Outcomes" (2008) by Mazer, Barnes, & Greer:
  • This research explores athletes' perceptions of verbal aggression, including swearing, by their coaches. The study found that athletes often perceive such behavior as disrespectful and demotivating, which can harm their relationship with the coach and reduce their commitment to the team.

There’s probably a reason why Mourinho has been more successful than Nigel Clough.

Having said that, HR where Clough worked would be quieter than where Mourinho worked.

I think we will not agree on this but there are a number of research papers here are two examples.

Impact of Coach's Swearing on Team Dynamics and Performance" (2012) by Langevin & Parent:
  • This paper specifically investigates the effects of swearing by coaches on team dynamics in sports. The findings suggest that while some athletes might view swearing as a sign of passion, the majority see it as detrimental to team cohesion and trust. The study concludes that swearing generally has a negative impact on team performance and should be avoided
The Effects of Verbal Aggression in Sports: Perceptions and Outcomes" (2008) by Mazer, Barnes, & Greer:
  • This research explores athletes' perceptions of verbal aggression, including swearing, by their coaches. The study found that athletes often perceive such behavior as disrespectful and demotivating, which can harm their relationship with the coach and reduce their commitment to the team.
I’ve no doubt it affects some more than others, we are all built differently.
I just don’t see it changing anytime soon.

A lot of people don't get it, there's a reason why Mancini always lost it on the side-lines. It's one thing to manage a team with a couple of winners in there but managing an ambitious team filled with players who have never won a single thing can get a manager to completely go crazy on the players, sometimes, The manager plays up his emotions just so he can get the players to understand what is at stake and show some belief in the project. If Pep was here back in 2011/2012, he would probably go as far as throwing blows with Tevez and Balotelli.

There's a reason Bayern went for a young, energetic manager and not the experienced yet lukewarm managers that they have been known for hiring in the past (Heyneckes, Ancelloti, Flick), the fiery nature they were known for is lacking and they need someone to bring back that spark, I am excited to see what Vinny would do there and if all fails, then at least I would like to see an Atleti vs Bayern UCL game, just so I can see Vinny knock Simeone out cold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.