Vincent Kompany (merged)

Re: Vincent Kompany

ElanJo said:
Kompany over De Jong for me every day of the week. Better technique/skill, faster, stronger, better passer, good in the air, more of a leader, better going forward and just as good at tackling.

This. Still waiting to see a forward pass from NDJ. He makes Hamann look creative.

Bluestones said:
ElanJo said:
Kompany over De Jong for me every day of the week. Better technique/skill, faster, stronger, better passer, good in the air, more of a leader, better going forward and just as good at tackling.

This. Still waiting to see a forward pass from NDJ. He makes Hamann look creative.

Hamann chose the right pass. De Jong just seems to pick the safe pass

makalele couldn't make a creative pass either. so i guess a 25 year old makalele wouldn't be any good for city either?

i despair at some of the drivel written on here.

mcigo said:
Bluestones said:

Hamann chose the right pass. De Jong just seems to pick the safe pass

I disagree. NDJ has been a Dutch regular for the past few years. And sorry but Dutch National Team >>>>>> Belgium. There seems to be this perception that NDJ has a really poor technique and is a poor passer and tacklet. His tackling technique is one of the best ive seen, Im sorry but Vinnys technique is more of a centre backs technique. I.e. slow and clumsy. In midfield the lower centre of gravity helps NDJ get in and get out quickly. He actually started his career at Ajax as a creative midfielder and their are plenty of videos of NDJ doing rabonas, and tricks on You Tube just have a look. Dont get me wrong Im a big Vinnie fan, but NDJ is one of the top up and coming DFM's in the world. Vinnie is a CB.

One more thing, NDJ is in the team to win the ball back and distribute it. Hes not in the team to make killer passes etc. Hes their to get the ball to Barry, Superman and Robbie as quickly as possible. Nearly every top international team in the world has had a player like this. Liverpool - Mascherano, Chelsea - Makele/Essein, Arsenal - Viera, Italy - Gattuso, Milan - Gattuso, Inter - Cambiasso and Argentina - Cambiasso. I think people really sell NDJ short and I cant wait for him this year, I reckon hes set for a massive year.

sqblue said:
makalele couldn't make a creative pass either. so i guess a 25 year old makalele wouldn't be any good for city either?

good point mate. VK and NDJ are different types of player. NDJ is more of a scrapper and tidies up as well as any defensive midfielder. VK is a more creative option, who can scrap, but is a very good technical footballer who would not look out of place in any top team.

The InvisiBLUE Man said:
sqblue said:

good point mate. VK and NDJ are different types of player. NDJ is more of a scrapper and tidies up as well as any defensive midfielder. VK is a more creative option, who can scrap, but is a very good technical footballer who would not look out of place in any top team.

Im sorry but VK does NOT have a better technique than Nigel. De Jong came out of one of the most demanding technical systems in the world, the Ajax and Dutch system. If anyone has a look on youtube and watches the passing and abilities of Nigel I think they may change their opinion. Where has this perception that VK is some "creative force", come from?

bizzbo said:
Anyone think that Barca looking at CB's may hint at a move for Puyol?

I hope not, i really can't see what people see in Puyol.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGQRjLwj-Xk&feature=fvw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGQRjLwj-Xk&feature=fvw</a>

Anyone doubting De Jongs ability should watch that video.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.