Vincent Kompany (merged)

Re: Vincent Kompany

Bazzmand Show said:
The InvisiBLUE Man said:
good point mate. VK and NDJ are different types of player. NDJ is more of a scrapper and tidies up as well as any defensive midfielder. VK is a more creative option, who can scrap, but is a very good technical footballer who would not look out of place in any top team.

Im sorry but VK does NOT have a better technique than Nigel. De Jong came out of one of the most demanding technical systems in the world, the Ajax and Dutch system. If anyone has a look on youtube and watches the passing and abilities of Nigel I think they may change their opinion. Where has this perception that VK is some "creative force", come from?

i didnt say he was a particularly creative player, but based on what i've seen of them both, it's hard to see why you don't believe VK is more creative. I know how good NDJs passing range is, and yes, technically he is very good, but he was not very creative last year, although this is obviously related to the role hughes has assigned him in the team.

in all honesty, the fact that they are both blues means that i fully support them, and all the team. the fact that they are both excellent footballers just adds to this! i hope they are both here for many years!

De jong is going to be one of the best in the premier league this season. That is because he will have Ireland and Barry to partner him in a 3 man midfield , where all of them are defensively better than an average central midfielder. But does anyone remember last season , when kompany played alongside elano and ireland , where he had to do all the defensive duties. But still this guy looked brilliant. The ease with which he stopped counter-attacks and absolutely manhandled other players was amazing to watch.If anyone saw the Liverpool away game where zab , de jong and Kompany played in midfield , then they would agree with this. In the first half of the season, we were playing with five attacking players and 1 defensive midfielder(Kompany).And this guy played week in week out.
Anyway, Hughes isn't going to let a player who was voted 2nd best by the fans go. This guy is leadership material. He's one of the best players, who came to the club before the takeover and before we had any money. So please get off his back.

And I believe De jong will be 1 of the best midfielders in the world. We better increase his release clause , because if I remember , he wanted to stay for just 2 years with us and then go to a bigger club

Nigel de Jong has a purpose on this team and that is to clean up the midfield. Stephen Ireland is on the team to be creative and make the nice pass. I don't know what the difference is between the right pass and the smart pass but I will take the smart pass every time. He knows his roll as the disruptor and plays it very well.

Vinnie is a composed CB who had to play out of position last year because of lack of personnel. He is one of the top young defenders in the world and we would be crazy to sell him. He is big, strong, smart and will find the outlet unlike Dunne who blasts it down field.

My ideal defense goes like this:
Onuoha-Kompany-Lescott-Toure
de Jong

Lots of composure, speed and size in the middle with plenty of speed and grit on the outside. Kompany needs to be the centre piece of this defence for the future.

They paid £40Million -odd for Ibra plus E'to...

So, we want £20Million plus Pique and Dani Alves!!

Eyeing £10million Kompany As Evans Alternative?
Date: 5th August 2009 at 4:22 pm | Filed under: Barcelona, La Liga, Manchester City, Manchester United, Premiership | Author: Landlord Freddie Myers | Tags: Barcelona, La Liga, Man City, Manchester United, Premier League, Vincent Kompany
Coming in thick and fast to The Transfer Tavern from the Daily Mail, who now tell us, that European champions Barcelona are eyeing a “£10million raid” for Vincent Kompany at Manchester City as an alternative to Jonny Evans at United.

Sportsmail claiming, that Barca want to add a few more squad players at the Nou Camp before the La Liga season kicks-off and see Kompany and Evans at the Premier League rivals along with Brazilian Miranda as possibles to bolster the heart of defence at the Catalan club.

The Spanish club apparently also interested in Nemanja Vidic at the Red Devils, with United rejecting their advances and are said to be also unwilling to let 21-year-old Evans leave Old Trafford.

It said Kompany has attracted Barcelona’s attention through his versatility, with the Belgian International also able to play a holding role in midfield and would provide cover in that area for Yaya Toure and Seydo keita, who will be absent next year during the African Cup of Nations.

The paper saying, the Blaugrana estimate a figure of £10million should be enough to prise Kompany away from the Eastlands Stadium, where the defender could find his chances limited due to the influx of players at the Citizens.

So what sort of liquid lubrication helped slide this one from pen to paper? Will Barca really swoop for Kompany as an alternative to Evans? Should this rumour Fly or Die?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/barca-eyeing-10million-kompany-as-evans-alternative" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/p ... lternative</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.