Vincent Kompany (merged)

Re: Vincent Kompany

I disagree with the whole vinnie is a CB not a DM argument. For his first 8 games his form in the DM role was as good as anyone in europe. He had a couple of good games at CB, but never convinced to the same extent. If his form suffered later, perhaps it was more due to him being shuffled around and asked to play with an injured big toe on his stronger foot.

imo vinnie has always been and always will be a centre half who can be used as a defensive midfielder if needed.

Stevie, Robbie and Vincent are the future of this team. Vincent should be starting at CB this year and was unbelievable playing out of position last year. I think he and Stevie will be fighting year after year for the captain's arm band. Those are easily my three top players on this team and I think Hughes knows they are the future. We all know Hughes is some what reluctant getting rid of his signings. I think we are safe.

VK's best chance of a regular starting berth may well be at CB now.

Hey guys, this story may have a bit more weight than you think. My kids always buy my shirts as presents and insist on getting me a name on the back. My two from Sven's year in charge say Geovanni 8 and Elano 11 on the back (Both gone). Last years home kit has Kompany 33 on it!

:(

I bet the same people who don't want Kompany to go also wanted us to get Lescott AND Toure

Tricky_Trev said:
We're not getting the best out of Kompany in my opinion. He's so blatently a centre back first and foremost, not a midfielder. Now we have De Jong, Zabaleta AND Barry who can all play DM, i pray that we'll see Vincent at centre back this season, but considering we have Toure, Onuoha, Dunne (if he stays) and still want another CB, i'd be very surprised if he plays there. In fact, he may even struggle to get in Hughes' team, which would be a travesty because at just 23 years of age, we have a potential gem of a centre back. I just hope we don't waste him.

Spot on Quality CB which is why he attracted bid's of 15m at 18 from all the top clubs in europe, just needs a good run of games in that position for City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.