Vincent Kompany (merged)

Re: Vincent Kompany

feedthegoat2007 said:
hes not good enough to be a top class cb hes to hesitant,positioning is poor and he gets caught out marking at set pieces,he lasted the first half against the rags at cb but at times looked lost and out of his depth and was then moved into midfield for the second half,he also struggles with injuries and is one of those players who will miss fairly large chunks of the season every year,as a holding midfielder de jong is much better as hes more mobile and disciplined.i wouldnt be suprised with this in mind if he does go because he will struggle to get in the team.

He injuried his toe, it's not like his knees or back are broken.

feedthegoat2007 said:
hes not good enough to be a top class cb hes to hesitant,positioning is poor and he gets caught out marking at set pieces,he lasted the first half against the rags at cb but at times looked lost and out of his depth and was then moved into midfield for the second half,he also struggles with injuries and is one of those players who will miss fairly large chunks of the season every year,as a holding midfielder de jong is much better as hes more mobile and disciplined.i wouldnt be suprised with this in mind if he does go because he will struggle to get in the team.

if you dont think kompany is top class then i dispair, i know everyone has opinions but kompany could be our defensive spine for years to come!

feedthegoat2007 said:
The reason Kompany moved to midfield in the second half against the rags was not due to how he was performing at centre back. It was more to do with how the midfield was performing. Our central 3 was Hamann as the DM with Ireland and SWP infront of him. Vass and Robinho were then on each flank. With this setup, it was inevitable that Hamann would have a ton of work to do. A younger, fitter Hamann would have had no problem, but he was dead on his feet and we surrendered the midfield as a result. At half time, Hughes took Hamann off and brought Zabaleta on. Zab moved to right-back, Richards partnered Dunne at centre back, and Kompany moved to DM in an attempt to win back the midfield. It was nothing to do with Kompany's performance at centre back.

TaylorWill07 said:
feedthegoat2007 said:

if you dont think kompany is top class then i dispair, i know everyone has opinions but kompany could be our defensive spine for years to come!
sorry to disagree but he is simply not good enough,when he did play at cb last season he wasn`t convincing.

Unlikely to happen, but I think its an indication of his quality... big compliment for you there VK

Tricky_Trev said:
feedthegoat2007 said:
The reason Kompany moved to midfield in the second half against the rags was not due to how he was performing at centre back. It was more to do with how the midfield was performing. Our central 3 was Hamann as the DM with Ireland and SWP infront of him. Vass and Robinho were then on each flank. With this setup, it was inevitable that Hamann would have a ton of work to do. A younger, fitter Hamann would have had no problem, but he was dead on his feet and we surrendered the midfield as a result. At half time, Hughes took Hamann off and brought Zabaleta on. Zab moved to right-back, Richards partnered Dunne at centre back, and Kompany moved to DM in an attempt to win back the midfield. It was nothing to do with Kompany's performance at centre back.
why didn`t zab just play in midfield and leave kompany at cb,with richards at lb.(kompany was poor)

johnmc said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Over my dead body!

I'll fly him there myself!!

john your a tit Kompany is class and if de jong or barry gets injured what then empty space fly him ther youself pshh you aint even got a plane

Outrun said:
feedthegoat2007 said:

He injuried his toe, it's not like his knees or back are broken.
he averages around 20 games a season throughout his career!

feedthegoat2007 said:
Tricky_Trev said:
why didn`t zab just play in midfield and leave kompany at cb,with richards at lb.(kompany was poor)

Richards was dire at left back

feedthegoat2007 said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Because at that point in the season, Zabaleta had never been used in midfield before. The derby was on 30th November. The very first time we tried Zab in midfield was the Wigan game at home on 17th January. Until this point, Hughes saw Zab as solely a right back. An injury to Ireland and the poor form of Fernandes before the Wigan game meant Hughes had to try something different. So Zab moved into midfield. At the time of the derby, Zab coming on and playing at right back, with Kompany going into midfield was a no-brainer because Hughes saw right-back as Zab's only position at that particular time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.