Vincent Kompany testimonial

Well, tbf, i think they'd stand it, given the nature of the day and all the work Vinny has put in for a bed every night :)

Given that they gave £100,000 to Bolton for Ogwuru when Bolton were on their knees, lent Carrington to Bury fc for how many years, they're not adverse to helping out where they can :)
Let the Rags play at Maine Road when Old Trafford has been bombed
Gave the Rags our old kits when they couldn’t afford their own
Opposed the formation of Manchester Central to ensure the Rags didn’t go bust because of the competition

Last edited by a moderator:
Real shame Kompany couldn't play in his own testimonial. Absolute unit of a defender in his prime.

Do you lot think he will go down in PL history in the same bracket as Terry, Ferdinand etc?
Let's see....

Vinny isnt a serial shagging, drug taking, convicted thief who mocked victims of a major tragedy.

Then again not being English will ensure he's not labelled a "Premier league great"

Fantastic evening but sheer lunacy to play David and Kun. I was astonished they played.

Weird how we never turned on Dickov when he did exactly the same while playing for Leicester and that we still make fun of Arsenal fans for angrily reacting to Adebayor's celebration. Smacks of bitterness and tribalistic double standards to get pissed off at Milner for celebrating a goal against us when we'd love it if a City player did the same to Liverpool. In fact we've all been begging for Sterling to score against Liverpool for years and when he finally did in the Community Shield we loved the fact that he celebrated.

Feel like this hatred of Milner has only come about because of a constantly repeating echo chamber. It's got to the point - especially on here - where 99% of posters hate him but can't pin down the specifics or a particular reason why. It just seems to be a mixture of "Oh he celebrated a goal against us" or "Oh he said mean things in the press", which are, as I've implied, pretty normal things for footballers to do when they join new clubs. All a bit childish and pathetic when you consider what Milner achieved with us.

It mostly irks me because I always thought Milner was a hugely limited player. For someone who had the skillset of a jack-of-all-trades midfielder, he only seemed capable of playing well in one position. He'd have one good game in five and the rest of the time he'd get by because he gave off the impression that he always put a shift in. Now after he's gone I find myself defending him because the hatred has clearly gone overboard to the point where some fans would angrily air their grievances at a bloody testimonial game.

He signed for five years, played for five years, and left for a new challenge. A new challenge that's seen him add a new trophy to his career haul. The only competition he's not won now that he could have done is the Europa League, and he played in the final of that competition in 2017. I'd hardly have him down as a legend but he came when things were on the up and helped us to two titles and a few cups before departing for something different. We football fans are an oddly precious and hypocritical breed at times.
Adebayor received dogs abuse from Arsenal fans before he left them for having the temerity to want to leave. They then racially abused him during the game so not surprised he reacted in the way he did. Milner for months intimated he wanted to sign then didn’t and ran down his contract. He then bad mouthed the club and behaved like a twat. It was only then that the booing of him started.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.