Vincent Kompany

Without trying to sound like I'm slating him I think he built up so much confidence from winning the league and the barclays player of the season that he has become slightly arrogant and complacent.

Hopefully he can shrug this off and STOP trying to play those long balls all the time. Stick to the simple stuff and it will all fall into place!

Bellers_a_hero said:
Without trying to sound like I'm slating him I think he built up so much confidence from winning the league and the barclays player of the season that he has become slightly arrogant and complacent.

Hopefully he can shrug this off and STOP trying to play those long balls all the time. Stick to the simple stuff and it will all fall into place!

Could it be that Mancini has new ideas about what CB should do?

He is the best centre half I've ever seen at City.

Think that says it all.

black mamba said:
Yes , his dallying about in the midfield area was directly responsible for putting Milner in an awkward postion today , no doubt about that ...... but you'd have to say that the way the entire side , including Vincent Kompany , responded to going down to ten men for the remaining 70 minutes was absolutely first class , and highly commendable ......

BBC and Sky stats report that City had 61% of the overall possession throughout the game , had more shots , and had more chances ...... this was fantastic late win at a side who were IN-FORM !

Maybe if we're chastising defenders we might also ask Joleon Lescott what he was , or rather wasn't doing , for Polands goal the other night ...... and why he got caught not playing to the whistle as Shane Long put the ball in our net today!

Hello Vinny!!!!! :)<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:30 pm --<br /><br />Great player and emergency striker.

Was at the game yesterday and Lescott seemed reluctant to give the ball to Clichy even though he was open and unmarked. Always seemed to play the ball infield rather than out to the wing. He passed the ball to Barry who then passed it to Clichy who took it up the wing. This happened on more than one occasion.

didsburyblu said:
Ok so no one seems to have started one so i'll take the plunge.
Whats happened this season? Poor for city in the main but by all accounts had a great game for Belgium in midweek. Obviously started the scenario which led to milners red card today. Not a slagging off thread just interested in views as to why mr invincible has become mr unreliable??

Actually, I did start one awhile ago. And while most of it was good debate, I got shouted at for even starting a thread about his poor form.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=268636" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=268636</a>

-- Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:03 pm --

In_Good_Kompany said:
no one started one? we've had 1 or 2 of these already in recent weeks. Theres no need for them, and nothing new to say anyway

There's no need for them?

Is this forum about gardening?

Orwell is rolling in his grave.

Vinnie has been lucky so far this season. His 2-3 mistakes haven't cost any points but he need to pick-up his form.

Start the kid. Over who? I don't know. But start the kid. He has been the best CD this season. So
start the kid!

Nasty Nas!

its still early days..... all he needs is a bit of time and he'll be back to his best.

no one's at the top of their game indefinitely. most our key players have hit a poor run of form at some point, and they come through the other side after a couple of stand out performances. its not a matter of if, its a matter of when.

people just notice it more because its our captain, our leader, our my reliable.

one thing that will always be there is his presence and leadership on and off the field which is just as essential as his performance imo.

footballfan2345 said:
Could it be that Mancini has new ideas about what CB should do?

Could be, but if it was the case that Bobby wanted our centre backs to be more audacious with their dribbling and distribution then Joleon would have been out on a free transfer immediately at the start of the summer, Lescott is a great player but we all know he isn't the greatest on the ball so Mancini wouldn't risk it at all with that philosophy.

Our captain will come good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.