Vincent Kompany

richball_PF55 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I understand that Vinnie was so hacked off with Mancini that he initiated contact & agreed terms with Barcelona. I'm not sure whether they submitted a formal offer but I don't think so. So there is a factual basis to this but he isn't going anywhere now.

Where did you hear this?

The voices in his head told him.

AustinBlue said:
BringBackSwales said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I understand that Vinnie was so hacked off with Mancini that he initiated contact & agreed terms with Barcelona. I'm not sure whether they submitted a formal offer but I don't think so. So there is a factual basis to this but he isn't going anywhere now.

yet another disappointing and UNSUBSTANTIATED pop at Roberto Mancini

What kind of substantiation should be provided to a random person on the internet? Isn't it enough that mods for the forum assess whether a poster has a history of posting generally sensible, factually based information or has a history of unsubstantiated wind ups? Would you want someone who may have great information to withhold it unless they also publish all the proof?

I heard the same as PB - that Kompany had held substantial discussions to get out of City under Mancini and had shared the substance of those discussions with members of City's board. From people I trust. And people I won't name to escape the UNSUBSTANTIATED smear.

well PB said it was FACTUAL but as far as I can tell it is NOT FACTUAL and therefore remains UNSUBSTANTIATED; FACTUAL is a strong word which suggests actual knowledge of a fact

BringBackSwales said:
AustinBlue said:
BringBackSwales said:
yet another disappointing and UNSUBSTANTIATED pop at Roberto Mancini

What kind of substantiation should be provided to a random person on the internet? Isn't it enough that mods for the forum assess whether a poster has a history of posting generally sensible, factually based information or has a history of unsubstantiated wind ups? Would you want someone who may have great information to withhold it unless they also publish all the proof?

I heard the same as PB - that Kompany had held substantial discussions to get out of City under Mancini and had shared the substance of those discussions with members of City's board. From people I trust. And people I won't name to escape the UNSUBSTANTIATED smear.

well PB said it was FACTUAL but as far as I can tell it is NOT FACTUAL and therefore remains UNSUBSTANTIATED; FACTUAL is a strong word which suggests actual knowledge of a fact
It comes from people at the club and close to Vinny. It's a cast-iron, nailed-on, 100% fact. You may choose not to believe it but I assure you it happened. Not going to turn this into an anti-Mancini thing but this is the source for the Vinny to Barcelona stories.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc</a>

Today has shown just how badly we need him and Nasty.

Prestwich_Blue said:
BringBackSwales said:
AustinBlue said:

It comes from people at the club and close to Vinny. It's a cast-iron, nailed-on, 100% fact. You may choose not to believe it but I assure you it happened. Not going to turn this into an anti-Mancini thing but this is the source for the Vinny to Barcelona stories.

I believe you when you say that is what "people from the club" have told you

richball_PF55 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Where did you hear this?

The Railway and Naturalist, Prestwich Village.

So Kompany initiated contact with a rival club and agreed terms yet was not disciplined by the club? If any player surely acted like that I can't imagine Mancini and the directors would have let them get away with it. Sounds very unbelievable to me.

Prestwich_Blue said:

Don't buy this. He would need permission to talk to anyone and that ain't gonna happen.

This is a typical Barca(Madrid) tactic. They plant a story about their interest in a player. Then continually batter the club with rumors and possible bids and wage promisses etc... in an effeort to unsettle the player at the club. Creat so much controversy that the club gets so annoyed they feel forced to sell. It's what they did with Fabregas. It seems Untied are now trying to do the same back to them.

Vinnie isn't going anywhere.

ForzaMancini said:
So Kompany initiated contact with a rival club and agreed terms yet was not disciplined by the club? If any player surely acted like that I can't imagine Mancini and the directors would have let them get away with it. Sounds very unbelievable to me.

lets face it, there are some people at the club who will do an awful lot to make out that Roberto was a really bad guy, helps justify the decision that was made - so it does not exactly stop "people at the club" saying that big bad Bobby caused Nice Vinnie to do this, but it does not make it true and it does not make it fact

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.