Vincent Kompany

AshtonBlueMooner said:
Vinny has been and is a warrior captain for us. We have rushed him back after every single injury which is eventually going to take its toll on his body. Unlike Joe Hart, who was taken out of the spotlight when his form dipped, we have carried on playing VK and teams have exploited his dip in form coupled with our poor formation choices. Give the lad a rest, let his body repair and recharge for next season and then we go again.
Absolutely!

sam-caddick said:
Worst Case Ontario said:
Plus Mangala will get run of games maybe finally. We need to think about future get him used to league and team and not use Demichelis till he's 40 lol

I agree.

In regards to Demichelis, I still don't know what we gave him a contract extension when we have Denayer desperate to prove it for us.

Don't mean to bring the mood down, but spoke to a Celtic fan who's opinion I respect the other day. He said Denayer is no where near ready for us and in his opinion won't ever be good enough the EPL

Bootador said:
sam-caddick said:
Worst Case Ontario said:
Plus Mangala will get run of games maybe finally. We need to think about future get him used to league and team and not use Demichelis till he's 40 lol

I agree.

In regards to Demichelis, I still don't know what we gave him a contract extension when we have Denayer desperate to prove it for us.

Don't mean to bring the mood down, but spoke to a Celtic fan who's opinion I respect the other day. He said Denayer is no where near ready for us and in his opinion won't ever be good enough the EPL
It wasn't Ronny Delia was it? That bugger will do anything to try and keep him there.

If it wasn't, then the "fan" you spoke to is clueless, try watching him yourself instead of taking anybody else's word for it.

gomoich said:
AshtonBlueMooner said:
Vinny has been and is a warrior captain for us. We have rushed him back after every single injury which is eventually going to take its toll on his body. Unlike Joe Hart, who was taken out of the spotlight when his form dipped, we have carried on playing VK and teams have exploited his dip in form coupled with our poor formation choices. Give the lad a rest, let his body repair and recharge for next season and then we go again.
Absolutely!

Amen!

I really do despair at this place sometimes.

Bootador said:
sam-caddick said:
Worst Case Ontario said:

I agree.

Funny that, we have Scottish relatives who are football mad and think he is a cert for our league (pr the EPL as you put it) :)

Wrighty Wrexham said:
Great shouldn't he still be around the club even if injured bucking the others up1

Guess you will be elated to see our great Captain Vinny in the tunnel today.

lets keep this on topic.

football wise he wasn't missed yesterday. only wear ham but at least it shows we can do without him when out of form or injured, couldn't say that a bit back. mangala did well.

de niro said:
lets keep this on topic.

football wise he wasn't missed yesterday. only wear ham but at least it shows we can do without him when out of form or injured, couldn't say that a bit back. mangala did well.

To be fair when Kompany was injured previously Mangala and Demichelis did a decent job. I would rather see Kompany come back into the team as more of a Defensive Midfielder role sat alongside Fernando or Dinhio and push Yaya further forward. Think it will give more balance to the team.

the originalkippaxman said:
de niro said:
lets keep this on topic.

To be fair when Kompany was injured previously Mangala and Demichelis did a decent job. I would rather see Kompany come back into the team as more of a Defensive Midfielder role sat alongside Fernando or Dinhio and push Yaya further forward. Think it will give more balance to the team.

its a good shout but to me for us to do that we need a younger quicker player than martin along side mangala.

de niro said:
the originalkippaxman said:
de niro said:
lets keep this on topic.

its a good shout but to me for us to do that we need a younger quicker player than martin along side mangala.

We'd be going back about 5 years if we ever put Kompany in midfield. If you look at the top defensive midfielders they win the ball and they quickly get it forward and allow the attacking players to do their work in forward areas. Fernandinho is excellent at the first part of that, but he likes to push forward himself. There's no room in top sides for what is essentially another defender in midfield. You need more than that and players like Matic offer it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.