Vincent Kompany

It's this thread where I realise just how many clueless fans we have.

He has been a top pro and high performer for the vast majority of his City career and is regarded in world football as one of the best defenders. Yet soon as he has a wobble in form I’ve seen so many negative posts saying he should be stripped of the captaincy, he’s past it, he’s a liability etc. All this from his own fans.

He is probably the best captain we’ve ever had. I suggest some of you give your heads a wobble and get behind the guy next year.

GX Blue said:

He has been a top pro and high performer for the vast majority of his City career and is regarded in world football as one of the best defenders. Yet soon as he has a wobble in form I’ve seen so many negative posts saying he should be stripped of the captaincy, he’s past it, he’s a liability etc. All this from his own fans.

He is probably the best captain we’ve ever had. I suggest some of you give your heads a wobble and get behind the guy next year.
It's a long, long "wobble".

Vinny will come back better than ever, just like Super Joey Hart has after a period of reflection and a rest, every player has a poor run of form, our players need our support not slagging off, that's what rags do, we are better than that..!

GX Blue said:

Awww, did someone insult your favourite player?

Now tell me which bad man upset you and I will have a word with them

GX Blue said:

I'm always behind him, one of my favourite City players not just from the current team but from my lifetime. He's been shite from the beginning of last season though, bar the two legs against Barcelona last season. Keep burying your head in the sand if you want but he needs to take a long hard look at himself and how he's been playing, Demi and Mangala are first choice now on merit.

Damocles said:
GX Blue said:

Many have suggested that you have a word with yourself already.

I think he's still got at least 2-3 great years ahead. What I believe he needs most, is a good summer break, professionally and personally, and then a settled back 4 for next season. A lot of Chelsea's success can be put down to consistency in their defence selection (helped by incredible injury-free runs to most of them and tactical suspensions so only cup games were missed - I'm sure they won't be so lucky next season) which we haven't had. Let's not mess about rotating the defence every game as we have done at various points of the season, start Vinny and Mangala, Zabba and whoever at LB and lets just run with that.

NQCitizen said:
GX Blue said:

It's a long, long "wobble".

It's been a steady decline since Mancini's first season if we're all being completely honest. Even when we won the title he wasn't as good as the FA Cup/3rd finish year. Even despite the bullet header against the rags.

Damocles said:
GX Blue said:

He is my favourite player yes ha!

I just don’t get the double standards of some fans.

Everyone was more than happy when he was playing great and he signed his deal and said he wasn’t interested in Barca or anyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.