Vincent Kompany

de niro said:
Mike N said:
Damocles said:
Awww, did someone insult your favourite player?

Now tell me which bad man upset you and I will have a word with them

What an odd 'wind-up' response from a Mod.

ignore him, bet he's not even a blue. lives in Lanarkshire I bet.

Born in the Bow Bells earshot me mate. I love that Man Shitty City I do you rag.

NQCitizen said:
Vincents Tackle said:
Form is temporary, class is permanent.
Form is temporary - that's the problem.

What happens when your 'temporary' form outlasts your 'permanent' class.

Make no mistake Kompany has only ever had one excellent season.

Really? Well the facts are that we had the best defensive record in the Premier League for 3 consecutive seasons - 2010/11, 2011/12, 2012/13 and the second best defensive record in the 13/14 season all with Kompany as our captain and best defender.

During those seasons we have won 2 cup finals and finished runners up in another, won the league twice and finished runners up, and third on GD in the others.

VK was also voted in the PFA team of the season in each of the 2010/11, 2011/12 and 2013/14 seasons.

He was also the Supporters Player of the Year and the Players Player of the Year for the 2010/11 season and he won the Premier League Player of the Season award for the 2011/12 season.

So maybe you can elaborate on this one excellent season he has had?

In the meantime, I'll stand by my comment that form is temporary and class is permanent.

Vincents Tackle said:
NQCitizen said:
Vincents Tackle said:
Form is temporary, class is permanent.
Form is temporary - that's the problem.

What happens when your 'temporary' form outlasts your 'permanent' class.

Make no mistake Kompany has only ever had one excellent season.

Really? Well the facts are that we had the best defensive record in the Premier League for 3 consecutive seasons - 2010/11, 2011/12, 2012/13 and the second best defensive record in the 13/14 season all with Kompany as our captain and best defender.

During those seasons we have won 2 cup finals and finished runners up in another, won the league twice and finished runners up, and third on GD in the others.

VK was also voted in the PFA team of the season in each of the 2010/11, 2011/12 and 2013/14 seasons.

He was also the Supporters Player of the Year and the Players Player of the Year for the 2010/11 season and he won the Premier League Player of the Season award for the 2011/12 season.

So maybe you can elaborate on this one excellent season he has had?

In the meantime, I'll stand by my comment that form is temporary and class is permanent.
So we had the best defensive record in the league when we had the best defensive manager in the league, possibly the best right back in the league, possibly the best left back in the league (they're an unremarkable bunch) and possibly the best goalkeeper in the league?

Kompany was fantastic in 11/12 no denying it. Very good in 10/11 too if not quite at that amazing level. 12/13 we know all too well about. 13/14 our two biggest jeopardising acts of the run in were Kompany's slice against Liverpool and the sending off against Hull were Demichelis cemented himself as our best central defender and his only real challenge has come from Mangala's recent form.

Kompany has been dreadful for at least this season undeniably and I think you'd struggle to find a period where Aguero, Yaya, Silva, Zaba even Fernandinho, Hart and Demichelis were off form for so long.

What if what you're taking as 'class' was just 'form'?

Plus he's 29, we'll be looking ahead next summer if not this. Even if he could regain his form his game isn't clever, technical or neat enough to play at the top as long as some defenders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.