Vincent Kompany

No chance , vinny loves working with the young hungry team he has not primadonna lazy cunts

Do I want him to go to spurs NO!

Better of as a manager one as good as I think Kompany is will be, is go to a club who a pushing for top four than a team who will struggle and staying up is a bonus..

To be honest, i think a lot of that thinking is from a city fan perspective. Spurs is a big job, I'd be very surprised if he didnt give it serious consideration. Vinny is a very confident person and would see it as a challenge.

However, he is also principled and I wouldn't think he would make any decisions until he's seen out the season with Burnley and cemented their promotion. He may want to bloody a few noses next season with Burnley but I don't for one minute think Spurs wouldnt give him pause for thought.

I've been pretty balanced. I said some managers would see a real opportunity to make a name for themselves there. They've tried Mourinho and Conte and not won anything. They had Pochettino who is well regarded and didn't win anything. If you do become the person to win something that's quite an accolade and legacy at Spurs.

But equally, it could break you. Spurs fans want a trophy more than anything, anything other than playing attractive football. They're not willing to watch dull football even if it won them something. It's a tricky job because they've won fuck all for a long time yet believe they're a big club that should be competing. Ultimately they don't spend enough to be favourites in any competition. If they'd made the FA Cup semi finals this year no one would have fancied them with us and the rags still in it. Similarly in the CL, Napoli would have been favourites.

Personally I'd expect Vinny's Burnley to have a good first season in the prem. The state of the relegation battle this season shows how much dross there is at the moment. Then it would be the time to make a decision. His stock will be huge but realistically he will outgrow Burnley pretty quickly.

Last edited:
If Vinny were to go to Spurs and spend two or three seasons helping them to qualify for the CL, that would see him much better equipped to succeed Pep than two or three seasons with Burnley would. But it would be hideous to see him go there and be sacked, thus setting his career back, after failing to meet unrealistic expectations.

Spurs pay lower wages than anyone in the Big Six, and stats show that the wage bill is usually a key determining factor in where a team finishes in the table. Pochettino and Conte have actually overachieved in recent years by qualifying for the CL with that lot.

Yet Levy will probably find his trigger finger becoming itchy if any new boss fails to emulate that feat. As a result, I'd be very wary of taking that job if I were in Vincent's shoes. The potential downside is simply too great.

If Vinny were to go to Spurs and spend two or three seasons helping them to qualify for the CL, that would see him much better equipped to succeed Pep than two or three seasons with Burnley would. But it would be hideous to see him go there and be sacked, thus setting his career back, after failing to meet unrealistic expectations.

Spurs pay lower wages than anyone in the Big Six, and stats show that the wage bill is usually a key determining factor in where a team finishes in the table. Pochettino and Conte have actually overachieved in recent years by qualifying for the CL with that lot.

Yet Levy will probably find his trigger finger becoming itchy if any new boss fails to emulate that feat. As a result, I'd be very wary of taking that job if I were in Vincent's shoes. The potential downside is simply too great.
I have seen several hints/oblique references to players and agents steering clear of Spurs as a result of the Kane to City debacle. You are right, Vinnie should avoid them.

better than the keegan side we had??
I like Warnock but there’s total recency bias there.

EFF06F15-CE21-4E7B-90A6-B14C5F197170.jpeg

Bench:
Nash, Jensen, Tiatto, Håland, Sun, Cook, Whitley, Macken, Wanchope.

992F597F-EA55-4DB1-9DAB-1C692591AD02.jpeg

When we played well that season we were top-half Premier League level. Which was shown when we hammered Ipswich away and signed a couple of players in the Summer and finished 8th in the Prem the season after.

I've been pretty balanced. I said some managers would see a real opportunity to make a name for themselves there. They've tried Mourinho and Conte and not won anything. They had Pochettino who is well regarded and didn't win anything. If you do become the person to win something that's quite an accolade and legacy at Spurs.

But equally, it could break you. Spurs fans want a trophy more than anything, anything other than playing attractive football. They're not willing to watch dull football even if it won them something. It's a tricky job because they've won fuck all for a long time yet believe they're a big club that should be competing. Ultimately they don't spend enough to be favourites in any competition. If they'd made the FA Cup semi finals this year no one would have fancied them with us and the rags still in it. Similarly in the CL, Napoli would have been favourites.

Personally I'd expect Vinny's Burnley to have a good first season in the prem. The state of the relegation battle this season shows how much dross there is at the moment. Then it would be the time to make a decision. His stock will be huge but realistically he will outgrow Burnley pretty quickly.
I think it’s the polar opposite of that. The relegation battle this season shows how good the quality of the Prem is right down to the bottom of the table.

The state of Liverpool and Chelsea’s seasons show that the Prem’s quality means they don’t just still finish up at the top despite being miles away from their best because the quality of the teams in this league will mean you’ll get beaten by anyone, so any runs of poor performances are punished by anyone and everyone.

There are teams like West Ham and Wolves down there who’d qualify for Europe in other leagues. There are teams down there who have players who’ve been played in the CL for teams in other leagues, who would be signed by other similar quality teams from other leagues but are signed by relegation battle teams in the Prem.

We’ve played Dortmund and Leipzig this season. Dortmund looked no better than mid-table in the Prem and were not an impressive side despite being top of the league in Germany, and Leipzig looked no better than our bottom teams in the Prem and looked a poor side they’re fifth in Germany.

I think it’s the polar opposite of that. The relegation battle this season shows how good the quality of the Prem is right down to the bottom of the table.

The state of Liverpool and Chelsea’s seasons show that the Prem’s quality means they don’t just still finish up at the top despite being miles away from their best because the quality of the teams in this league will mean you’ll get beaten by anyone, so any runs of poor performances are punished by anyone and everyone.

There are teams like West Ham and Wolves down there who’d qualify for Europe in other leagues. There are teams down there who have players who’ve been played in the CL for teams in other leagues, who would be signed by other similar quality teams from other leagues but are signed by relegation battle teams in the Prem.

We’ve played Dortmund and Leipzig this season. Dortmund looked no better than mid-table in the Prem and were not an impressive side despite being top of the league in Germany, and Leipzig looked no better than our bottom teams in the Prem and looked a poor side they’re fifth in Germany.

The clubelo website, which ranks all European teams based on performance etc, currently has 8 Premier League teams in the top 16 for the whole of Europe. So the top 8 sides in Europe pretty much have an equivalent playing in the Premier League.

Their top 25 shown below:

Screenshot_2023-03-23-12-15-59-62_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Spurs is a poisoned chalice and to go there would guarantee he fails in just his third job (and only the second that most people in England really know much about). If he waits, a job at a better-run club could easily be on the cards - maybe Brighton, once De Zerbi inevitably goes to Chelsea?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.