Vincent Kompany

I like Warnock but there’s total recency bias there.

View attachment 72856

Bench:
Nash, Jensen, Tiatto, Håland, Sun, Cook, Whitley, Macken, Wanchope.

View attachment 72857

When we played well that season we were top-half Premier League level. Which was shown when we hammered Ipswich away and signed a couple of players in the Summer and finished 8th in the Prem the season after.

That really was a pulsating side - felt like anything was possible at the time with that team under Keegan

I woild hate Kompany to come in immediately after Pep. Realistically anyone who does is going to be a failure by comparison. We need a palette cleanser after him to reset expectation. A bit like Pellegrini after Mancini. Pep is supernatural.

I'm not even sure I want Kompany managing a big 6 side. Managers don't tend to move around those clubs. Best thing might be for him to manage one of our feeder clubs in Europe like Dortmund to get some champions league experience

I woild hate Kompany to come in immediately after Pep. Realistically anyone who does is going to be a failure by comparison. We need a palette cleanser after him to reset expectation. A bit like Pellegrini after Mancini. Pep is supernatural.

I'm not even sure I want Kompany managing a big 6 side. Managers don't tend to move around those clubs. Best thing might be for him to manage one of our feeder clubs in Europe like Dortmund to get some champions league experience

You got a like for calling Dortmund our feeder club. :)

The clubelo website, which ranks all European teams based on performance etc, currently has 8 Premier League teams in the top 16 for the whole of Europe. So the top 8 sides in Europe pretty much have an equivalent playing in the Premier League.

Their top 25 shown below:

View attachment 72877
It's great to see City at number 1, and by some distance. Who would have thought that we'd really be 'the best team in the land and all the world'?

City are joint top of the UEFA rankings with Bayern over the five year period used for many years. Being UEFA they have updated them to over a ten year period now with added historical points so we are now a little lower.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.