Vincent Kompany

I think it is the very definition of a clusterfuck situation that even Pep would struggle to deal with, especially when you factor in their financial troubles based on their ridiculous high risk transfer and managerial merry go round strategy failing.

Nagelsmann pulling out is probably a good reason to say no as well. When top coaches don't want the job for whatever reason, he surely isn't crazy enough to take that job on?

Nagelsmann pulling out is probably a good reason to say no as well. When top coaches don't want the job for whatever reason, he surely isn't crazy enough to take that job on?
You can only hope.

As others have mentioned, he also seems settled in the Manchester area, and it would be a big change to move to London (or split time with his family if they didn’t move down).

That’s a lot of upheaval for a high risk, low reward opportunity.

Hmmm. The temptation of Chelsea to Kompany will be very high, many managers want a crack at the top clubs, but i don't think this will happen for 2 main reasons;

1. Chelsea wont actually want an unseasoned manager from the league below, not in this mess, they'll want a more experienced boss. Pochettino looks to be their man i think.

2. Vinny won't expose himself to the Chelsea mess just yet. His next season in the Prem with Burnley is a free hit, he gets tonnes of experience, and there are big jobs floating around all the time.

It's been "reported" that Boehly is attempting to build Chelsea into the sustainable City Football Group / Red Bull multi club ownership model...if that is indeed true then who better to hire to oversee the project then vinny.
The man almost feels like he was built in a lab to be a leader, and he has intimate knowledge of the work it takes to build something as complicated as the City Football Group structure.

I hope that he doesn't do it, but he already agreed to manage one of the "Hateful Eight" so it wouldn't shock me in the least if he agrees to manage one of our rivals.
He needs to do what is in the best interest for him and his family.
If Burnley struggles at the start of next season, he could be sacked after ten to fifteen matches.
Strike while the iron is hot.

It's been "reported" that Boehly is attempting to build Chelsea into the sustainable City Football Group / Red Bull multi club ownership model...if that is indeed true then who better to hire to oversee the project then vinny.
The man almost feels like he was built in a lab to be a leader, and he has intimate knowledge of the work it takes to build something as complicated as the City Football Group structure.

I hope that he doesn't do it, but he already agreed to manage one of the "Hateful Eight" so it wouldn't shock me in the least if he agrees to manage one of our rivals.
He needs to do what is in the best interest for him and his family.
If Burnley struggles at the start of next season, he could be sacked after ten to fifteen matches.
Strike while the iron is hot.
You really think Burnley would sack him after 10-15 matches if they struggle to stay up?

I would, because I understand my long term success is more important than my short term stature in my career. Progress is very rarely linear and many a person has been ruined by overreaching their current ability and/or resources. Most of the genuinely intelligent and impactful people in the world know that to leap forward you generally need to build a solid foundation to jump from, and that often includes building the necessary experience in the realm in which you wish to affect change before you can actually work to do it.

It would be a very poor decision if he goes from a relatively stable club, with a squad he largely built, that trusts his methods, which only expectation will be staying up (and if they don’t, his managerial reputation won’t be impacted much due to Burnley’s stature, meaning he’ll have other opportunities if he wants to leave) going in to a league in which he has never managed, to a club in both sporting and financial turmoil, with a fickle idiot with a trigger finger in charge, a squad in disarray (and by many accounts discord), that needs to offload many high earners in the summer, with arguably unreasonable expectations for what constitutes success.

You need to learn to walk before you can run. And you need to learn to run before you can do a 10k. And you need to learn to do a 10k before you do a marathon.

Kompany going from Burnley to Chelsea right now would be him just learning to walk and deciding to run marathon (with his legs tied together). It is very likely not to end well and damage his managerial reputation in the process, given it will be his only top level experience.
100%

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.