Vincent Kompany

He has to do it on the pitch first. He speaks well but that has to be translated into the way they play.
Fine words butter no parsnips.

Did you not see the way he completely transformed Burnley on and off the pitch last season? He had a very limited budget and yet managed to overhaul their playing style and piss the league with games to spare,he very much did it on the pitch.
Even last night,with a team of Championship players,you could recognise his stamp and ideas,unfortunately the quality just isn't quite there and that has nothing to do with his ability as a boss.

Did you not see the way he completely transformed Burnley on and off the pitch last season? He had a very limited budget and yet managed to overhaul their playing style and piss the league with games to spare,he very much did it on the pitch.
Even last night,with a team of Championship players,you could recognise his stamp and ideas,unfortunately the quality just isn't quite there and that has nothing to do with his ability as a boss.
All true, but he might need to recognise the quality his players don't have and change things to survive in the PL.

Plan B is the plan that involves the riches of Croesus leading to quality players. We're in the driving seat 'cos we're the only team with any money!
Was thinking more along the lines of sitting in a low block to limit the service to Haaland and trying to hit us on counter but your point is true.

He had a very limited budget and yet managed to overhaul their playing style and piss the league with games to spare,he very much did it on the pitch.

As much as I think he did a great job, the limited budget part isn’t true - they outspent the rest of the division 10:1…

Even when comfortably clear at Xmas, they spent a further £10m to get a few more bodies in.

As much as I think he did a great job, the limited budget part isn’t true - they outspent the rest of the division 10:1…

Even when comfortably clear at Xmas, they spent a further £10m to get a few more bodies in.

My point is,he had a massive overhaul to perform,he literally had to change the clubs identity and footballing culture.I know he brought in about 15 players,many on loan,so the budget while more than what i suggested was still modest in comparison with the return.

He very quickly assesses a situation and responds accordingly and very effectively,last night will have been a huge learning curve and he will again react as required.

Youre right,he did a great job last season,and,although its very clear he needs reinforcements again.....i think he'll do a great job again.

My point is,he had a massive overhaul to perform,he literally had to change the clubs identity and footballing culture.I know he brought in about 15 players,many on loan,so the budget while more than what i suggested was still modest in comparison with the return.

He very quickly assesses a situation and responds accordingly and very effectively,last night will have been a huge learning curve and he will again react as required.

Youre right,he did a great job last season,and,although its very clear he needs reinforcements again.....i think he'll do a great job again.
He will be judged by results in the PL and on the evidence of last night I think his team might struggle. They created virtually nothing and although neat and tidy clearly lack a cutting edge. Early doors but I don't see where they are going to get enough goals to survive, I think Vinny has a big job on his hands.

All true but not in the prem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.