Violence at Euro 2016

The problem lies in that they have to try and police not only a massive football tournament but also the migrant crisis and terrorist crisis they have in France at present. The resources are stretched at the very best

Should have asked for help from other EU partners then.

I suspect it's much more political than simple football hooliganism. And we continue to be in complete denial about it.
I'm leaning towards this theory . These Russian thugs don't resemble usual Hooligan firms. They're all big steroid injecting meat heads, almost like small well organised snatch squads. I know they see the English as a big scalp but there seems to be more spite and hatred then just having a bounce with opposing thugs.

Given the violence, racism and corruption, in any other industry the FA would be boycotting the 2018 football World Cup in Russia!
Great shout but they wouldn't contemplate not competing and UEFA don't have the balls to move it. How do you think Russia won the bidding in the first place

I'm leaning towards this theory . These Russian thugs don't resemble usual Hooligan firms. They're all big steroid injecting meat heads, almost like small well organised snatch squads. I know they see the English as a big scalp but there seems to be more spite and hatred then just having a bounce with opposing thugs.

Bollocks. Nothing political about it. These Russians have a romanticised view of English hooliganism bourn out of the 70's casual scene. They have studied and mimicked it and are clinical in their planning. However in the meantime the casual movement in England is dead and England supporters are more likely to have 10 carling and a meat and potato pie than organise a tear up. When confronted they will of course react as I'm sure most supporters would do when attacked. But I'd wager those black t-shirt clad Russians were fully organised (all wearing a uniform is a clue) and hadn't had a drop.

I've heard there ex army.

Bollocks. Nothing political about it. These Russians have a romanticised view of English hooliganism bourn out of the 70's casual scene. They have studied and mimicked it and are clinical in their planning. However in the meantime the casual movement in England is dead and England supporters are more likely to have 10 carling and a meat and potato pie than organise a tear up. When confronted they will of course react as I'm sure most supporters would do when attacked. But I'd wager those black t-shirt clad Russians were fully organised (all wearing a uniform is a clue) and hadn't had a drop.

Yep. They take their hooliganism pretty seriously over there, and it's on a whole different level to what you see in England.

England had done fairly well to get their own house in order in recent years,aside from this tournament when was the last time they caused major problems? On the other side of the coin the other countries and the Eastern block in particular are where we were in the eighties and maybe at international level more organised. Some of these loons even get on buses to a forest in the middle of nowhere to fight one another.

Of course to them we are still seen as a a big scalp,the ones to beat and the police in most countries abroad still see us as we were,a mob of rampaging thugs. The truth is England due to banning orders and effective policing of ports and airports are a spent force as a hooligan firm.All that are left is the shirters and the young lads who have watched all the hooligan films but hardly been involved in any violence.They will bare the chests and sing the drunken songs but are getting wasted when the gnarled steroid headed Russians attack them,or the young French locals. You look at the Russians taking liberties at the end of the game in the stadium and no way would they have had such an easy ride 20 years ago.

They can boast they have ''Done the English'' but they haven't,they have done a watered down emasculated version of what used to follow England away.

Unfortunately for the new more peaceful England fan they are suffering for those that went before them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.