Violence at Euro 2016

Watching some of the footage yesterday it was quite shocking to see how little planning had been done by the French, it was clear that there was no organisation round the port area, and all they did was 'fire fight', and then at the stadium before the game, again no plan to keep rival fans apart (other than tear gas), and then no real segregation in the stadium.

They've known this tournament was happening for 2 years, and for months about this particular fixture being a potential flashpoint. They could have done an awful lot more, like restrict the sale of alcohol on the day of the game, not sell beer in glasses or bottles, all the things we are very organised in.

Heard on 5live this morning from an expat living in Marseille, he had witnessed plenty of the trouble and said that the policing problem is due to there being 3 different forces, local, National and some kind of drug/terrorist type shock & awe squad, they don't communicate with each other and generally just react to situations rather than prevent them, firefight as you say.
I fear it will get worse this next week, the French have no idea how to police, no wonder terrorists have managed to operate so freely there.

I

Surely the point is that the policing would not matter if fans stopped drinking more than they can handle and behaving like cunts.

"Come to France" they said, "It'll be fun" they said

2ng7m8p.jpg

Chat shit get banged.

Heard on 5live this morning from an expat living in Marseille, he had witnessed plenty of the trouble and said that the policing problem is due to there being 3 different forces, local, National and some kind of drug/terrorist type shock & awe squad, they don't communicate with each other and generally just react to situations rather than prevent them, firefight as you say.
I fear it will get worse this next week, the French have no idea how to police, no wonder terrorists have managed to operate so freely there.

In my experience the French, Spainish and Italian Police haven't got a clue how to control football fans in general, however i've always thought English and German police have pretty much got it sorted.

I'm sticking my neck out here as i may be wrong but i can't remember one flashpoint during Euro 96?

In my experience the French, Spainish and Italian Police haven't got a clue how to control football fans in general, however i've always thought English and German police have pretty much got it sorted.

I'm sticking my neck out here as i may be wrong but i can't remember one flashpoint during Euro 96?
The games all went off peacefully but there was plenty of trouble after the semi-final against Germany. Mostly drunken idiots throwing bottles etc. at police.

Get real. There have been minor events in other French cities like Nice but nothing on the scale of Marseille. This is not a press conspiracy facts are facts it's just some people don't like the truth. A minority of England fans contributed to the problem.

pmsl the guy at the start on his mobile on the floor

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.