Violence at Euro 2016

I think another week of similar trouble will lead to games behind closed doors, fan zones closed down, alcahol banned and fans sent home for certain teams. Either that or england, russia etc will be kicked out. Just hope things settle down now and the focus can be on the football.

I don't think England deserve to be banned. Northern Ireland and Poland fans enjoying a great time in Nice, singing, chatting and drinking together which is just what you want to see. French hooligans turn up and attack them and of course there is a retaliation. I believe there will have been England fans looking for trouble but largely it looks like we've been attacked but just about anyone and everyone. The football going England fans were running for their lives inside the ground and that shows the difference - our fans are 99% there for the football - the behaviour of Russian fans with tickets shows just how appalling their behaviour is - they're not bothered about the football at all and because of their FA's poor attitude they aren't being banned. It will kick off again this week and no doubt with the Welsh as well.

england v russia should never have been played in marseille. UEFA and the police should have stepped in and moved it to a safer city with less of a toxic mix. iceland will play austria in paris in an 80,000 seater stadium whilst england will play wales in lens the day after slovakia play russia in lille, only 20 miles away. farcical at its best, the english equivalent of lens would be somewhere like rochdale. there were no serious problems in previous tournaments and after only 3 days you have to ask serious questions of french authorities re organisation and policing.

Instead of a fans zone they should segregate an area where all these knob heads can get together and kick the shit out of each other.

I feel for the innocent bystanders who get caught up in this shite.

The biggest thugs seem to have been armed with full riot gear and tear gas.

I know Shrek is captain, but England should have picked a player who would have spoken passionately to the fans rather than one reading off a piece of paper sounding not arsed.

That statement appealing to fans was embarrassing.

Were there Fanzones in Marseilles? If so were they completely trouble free?

Russia already under threat for violence in the qualifying and now, firmly identified as the main protagonists with further violent behaviour an almost certainty but they have been given the next world cup and thus they will almost certainly get away with virtually anything and the blame and prosecutions will be put on us and any others.

I know its a PR exercise and the plea from the coach and captain has to be made but its almost an acceptance of guilt for what went on and as a country politically and as an FA we should be actually calling for the real culprits to be dealt with instead of lamely accepting the blame.

As a country and as an FA we actively tackle hooliganism and deal with it unlike others........

I don't think England deserve to be banned. Northern Ireland and Poland fans enjoying a great time in Nice, singing, chatting and drinking together which is just what you want to see. French hooligans turn up and attack them and of course there is a retaliation. I believe there will have been England fans looking for trouble but largely it looks like we've been attacked but just about anyone and everyone. The football going England fans were running for their lives inside the ground and that shows the difference - our fans are 99% there for the football - the behaviour of Russian fans with tickets shows just how appalling their behaviour is - they're not bothered about the football at all and because of their FA's poor attitude they aren't being banned. It will kick off again this week and no doubt with the Welsh as well.
You know what uefa are like though, we are an easy target rather than addressing the real issues like Russia, policing and scheduling. If there is a lot of trouble over the next few days we could easily be on our way out. I can see now Uefa taking a morale stance with us, yet turning a total blind eye to the Russians and implications to the 2018 WC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.