Violence at Euro 2016

I've got no problem with any of the picks who were indiscriminately throwing bottles getting their comeuppance, but that's never the way it works out is it? Most England fans weren't chucking bottles and most of them didn't deserve anything in return. It's always the innocent supporters who end up taking a battering and that's a weird thing to find amusing.
Agreed it's not on but what is a fair comeuppance? Surrounded by 5 Russians from the offset, kicked in the head by two men at the same time when the fight should be done? What happened to simply giving as good as you get rather than taking it too many levels above? Also I don't see any evidence of these Russians being innocent bystanders enjoying a drink talking among themselves while English suddenly show up throwing shit out of the blue, they are either shouting and taunting or they are attacking in all the footage I've seen.

Why are you making things up? And getting clichés wrong?
What I witnessed on TV was our well ard mob giving the big I am and getting a bit of payback. Of course I wasn't celebrating innocents getting battered, fuck me I might be a prick but I ain't no shallow prick. Yes the Russians was picking on innocents and that wasn't cricket but what I was laughing at was our lot with their fat bellies out, red raw through being too thick to put cream on and bottles of lager in hand thinking they was in the wild west dragging this country through the mud at yet another football tournament.
Embarrassed to say I was English after those first two nights of trouble.

What I witnessed on TV was our well ard mob giving the big I am and getting a bit of payback. Of course I wasn't celebrating innocents getting battered, fuck me I might be a prick but I ain't no shallow prick. Yes the Russians was picking on innocents and that wasn't cricket but what I was laughing at was our lot with their fat bellies out, red raw through being too thick to put cream on and bottles of lager in hand thinking they was in the wild west dragging this country through the mud at yet another football tournament.
Not what happened at all. Also first two nights not instigated by English but don't let facts get in the way of anything.

Was you there?
No I've listened to the statements by the barman that worked at the bar that was attacked by Marseilles ultras on the first day, Marseilles City's chief prosecutor and some of our own journalists reports? And you??? :-)

Probably the same, I'm not buying no England fans didn't cause some shit.
There were some obviously but the vast majority of the people getting kickings are ones that didn't turn up to fight from the looks of it, they are just fighting back(not mobile gangs seeking out opposing fans in bars). Our country has actually made an effort, banned hooligans from games and took passports unlike some.

Last edited:
My mates are over there and from what they've said each day started well mannered and friendly with drinking and singing. Then local French gangs were coming down to bars out of the blue and attacking England fans so they reacted. Then the Police came in and started twatting and tear gassing England fans so they reacted. Then Russians come down later on and ran riot so England fans reacted or ran off as the Russians were the most dangerous of the three organised groups.

I'm not saying England fans are innocent I'd bet a fair few instigators but as both days went on England fans had to fight (or running away being the only other option) the same three organised groups (French locals, French Police and Russians) in order, each got worse with their violence, each out to do the English from the outset.

By all accounts from Northern Ireland fans reporting back it was the same for them in Nice. Luckily Poland fans helped the N.Irish in fighting against the French and the Police rather than be a third group for them to fight against.

Anyone watching tv and claiming England fans got what they deserved can only have seen clips from RT!

Yes we have our idiots and the vast majority of them are not there because our police and justice system has seen to it that they are not.

Any football tournament, especially within mainland Europe is going to attract huge numbers who will be spending their cash in the bars, something local businesses want and rely on. Why that is suddenly a huge surprise to police forces in Italy, France, Spain etc is frankly baffling and does them no favours as it adds to the sheer incompetence they often show when faced with a football crowd, even when its a peaceful one.

Our Police, government and FA should tell UEFA and the French authorities to go fuck themselves if they think they can lay the blame squarely at the door of the English fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.