Violence at Euro 2016

There are videos of English fans singing "the city is ours". It's not hard to see how this would antagonise the locals who were probably up for it anyway.
Lol you an angler by trade john? Yeah that justifies it sure. :)

Lol you an angler by trade john? Yeah that justifies it sure. :)

Not saying it justifies it by any means. But you can see how it could create a situation. If scousers were in town singing it outside wetherspoons and copped for a bit you wouldn't say they brought some of it on themselves? I'm not talking about the Russians. This was before they arrived. There were two nights of disturbances before they came to town.

There are videos of English fans singing "the city is ours". It's not hard to see how this would antagonise the locals who were probably up for it anyway.
I've been all over England with City singing "City, taking over your town again" as we fill up their pubs and have never been attacked by anybody ever.

Not saying it justifies it by any means. But you can see how it could create a situation. If scousers were in town singing it outside wetherspoons and copped for a bit you wouldn't say they brought some of it on themselves? I'm not talking about the Russians. This was before they arrived. There were two nights of disturbances before they came to town.
No the second night involved Russians from what I remember. Also no sorry I'm not buying a song that isn't overly offensive is any excuse for what the Marseilles ultras did... and no I wouldn't say the Scouser's brought it on themselves... it would be taken as banter such as the Swedish singing "Go home to your ugly wives" was by the English fans. I mean come on it's like you're trying to make excuses for attacks on English fans there, why? They looked at them the wrong way, they sang a song, they threw a plastic bottle that hurt nobody... do you not think it looks more likely even the odd case where this was a factor in any way that these individuals were looking for any excuse to do what they fully intended to from the outset?

Last edited:
No the second night involved Russians from what I remember. Also no sorry I'm not buying a song that isn't overly offensive is in any excuse for what the Marseilles ultras did... andno I wouldn't say the Scouser brought it on themselves... it would be taken as banter such as the Swedish singing "Go home to your ugly wives" was by the English fans.
Napoli fans were chanting "you British are filthy, we have bidets" in town when they came down in 2011. I didn't feel like attacking them.

I've been all over England with City singing "City, taking over your town again" as we fill up their pubs and have never been attacked by anybody ever.

Great. Where were these places. Anywhere with a hatred for City? Go stand outside a Millwall pub when we are playing Crystal Palace and see how far it gets you. The denial that such a song is incapable of antagonism is laughable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.