Was the ball over the line?

Before goal line tech sky always use to do a computer generated picture to show balls in or out. Wonder why they haven't done it now

Sterling's foot moves back towards the line as he plants it. As he releases the ball it's further out.

I suggest you watch it again, as it does nothing of the sort. He kicks the ball almost simultaneously with the moment he plants his foot. That foot then doesn't move until his body weight follows through and actually pulls him further away from the line

I suggest you watch it again, as it does nothing of the sort. He kicks the ball almost simultaneously with the moment he plants his foot. That foot then doesn't move until his body weight follows through and actually pulls him further away from the line
I've got another still but from blueincy's footage. Can anyone swear from this picture that the whole of the ball has crossed the line. That's just before he connects with the ball.

To clarify debate from the images I've seen so far I am not 100% convinced the ball was 100% over. I'm with George H.
If the absolute truthful image does emerge (against the Sky and media agenda) I reckon it was between D and E on my scale diagram below.
If ever there was a Karma goal for us this is it.
Now for a Sterling winner against Liverpool in the final.

nb6wsi.png

A for me....fuck 'em, fuck 'em all!!!

Ball in, ball out, meh, don't give a fuck the only thing that matters is the full time score.

I just checked the papers and internet its saying Manchester city won 3.1 end of story

the diameter of the ball was not wholly out.it is very clear from that footage that the rules of the game were applied correctly .def in.

stop/pause the play as sterling strikes the ball..the base of the ball is irrelevant,the diameter of the ball is still in play clearly.
so many folk have no true understanding of the laws of the game.the whole of the ball must be out,not half of it or 90%....and any doubt should be adjudged in favour of the attacking side in any event.

cheers for posting this by the way Blue incy,and well done Prestwich blue for outlining this important issue in a logical fashion.

As for everton? fuck em.

Let's ignore every other match other than the two semi final legs vs Everton. And let's even agree on the fact the ball (marginally) over the line.
1st leg: 1st goal offside, but imo Caballero was hardly confused by that.
1st leg: Clear penaltyclaim vs Navas ignored.
2nd leg: Clear foul on Aguero not given with counterattack leading to their goal.
2nd leg: 5 min extra time that actually favored the team that created the 5 minutes by time wasting.

I'd say: Nuff said.

I've got another still but from blueincy's footage. Can anyone swear from this picture that the whole of the ball has crossed the line. That's just before he connects with the ball.

It's so close as to be impossible to tell without extreme close-up. I think it had crossed the line by an inch or two. It's one occasion when nobody made a wrong decision - Atkinson, linesman or Sterling.

I'm fairly certain that if the two teams were reversed, it would be quite lively here.

Random thought - how close was it to the site of the Stones on Sterling non-penalty!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.