Was the ball over the line?

Dermott Gallagher doing us a fair job on SSN. If it was out, it was only just out and an impossible decission. And no blame on the officials.
Not popular on Sky.
Even Ince is sticking up for us or the decission.
That can't be right. Sky are deliberately withholding the proof. They must be furious that several whistle blowers have slipped through the net.

Of course they are. They would be doing the exact same if Everton's winner was the same. As I said above, that's the story.

The only media I've heard/seen was TalkSport ont he way home gushing about how we could have won 6-1, slagging off Yakubu and Martinez and talking about Aguero being the best striker in the league. I read a brief match report which was a bog standard early-release match report and this morning the radio was full of reruns of our goals, talk of how Pellegrini might put pressure on Guardiola and the reading our of tweets from our players.

Everton were "the story" for this semi as the smaller club in their big game. We were that club once whenever we had a big game but now we aren't unless we play Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Great. Drink it in.

Based on past experience of Sky's penchant for re-running fouls by City players that might merit retrospective disciplinary action, until the emulsion on the film disintegrates into its constituent molecules, I'd say that was wishful thinking. They might have referred to it in the context of covering the goal, but I doubt very much they'd have made it the underpinning narrative for the whole game

If you freeze frame the close up on the exact moment Sterling kicks the ball in this clip, you'll realise that it's not out of play at all. If you then freeze frame it again an instant later, you'll also see the distance between Sterling's left boot and the goal line, is unquestionably shorter than the diameter of a football.

There was a goal line decision the other week, might have been Watford, from a corner that was ruled not a goal, as the ball was a few mm not over the line. Identical to last night especially when looking at the "line cam" They all agreed on TV that without the technology they would have all said it was a goal. Angles can be very deceptive and the one Sky are using looks down at an angle, so seeing more grass than ball is seen than on a direct view from above. That's why the GL technology picture is created from multi camera angles. At the end of the day it was a goal, unlucky Everton you get some and you don't get others, officials can only give what they see like penalties and offsides we have been the victim more often than not

Anyone who thinks that wasn't out is deluding themselves.. Fuck it though. Swings and roundabouts.. Not one bit bothered. I will say from all accounts the sky coverage sounds abysmal. Channel 5's was fine.

First instinct from where I was sitting was 'that's out' but would like to see it from all angles etc. Not that I'm in any way bothered of course HA HA HA

Sterling wasn't in his line of sight, watched the Sky highlights last night and Robles had a clear view. The Aguero one is so marginal it's ridiculous to expect a linesman to be certain in real time.

He did have a clear view but I'm expecting that one to appear as a SSNakesTV 'debating issue' once the first two have been kiboshed!

If you freeze frame the close up on the exact moment Sterling kicks the ball in this clip, you'll realise that it's not out of play at all. If you then freeze frame it again an instant later, you'll also see the distance between Sterling's left boot and the goal line, is unquestionably shorter than the diameter of a football.
Sterling's foot moves back towards the line as he plants it. As he releases the ball it's further out.

Based on past experience of Sky's penchant for re-running fouls by City players that might merit retrospective disciplinary action, until the emulsion on the film disintegrates into its constituent molecules, I'd say that was wishful thinking. They might have referred to it in the context of covering the goal, but I doubt very much they'd have made it the underpinning narrative for the whole game
Do you think its coming from the top brass at sky sending the word down to keep ridiculing city?

I did think that presenter was way out of order last night when interviewing Pellegrini. He lapsed into totally unprofessional Jeremy Paxman mode, as if he was trying to pin down a politician. "WAS IT OVER OR NOT??"

It was most odd, not like even SKY and Jamie Rednapp of all people leapt in and asked about the use of wide men second half. I suspect the producer muttered in his ear to reel him in FFS.

At the time I didn't question that it might be out. I was smack in line and it looked in to me. I didn't see any complaints from the Everton players at the time. All the complaints came after the event, largely stirred up by the media.

If it wasn't in it was out by the smallest margin. How can the decision be blatantly wrong? The officials were always going to struggle to keep up Sterling. Someone on the Channel Five highlights pointed out that in such situations the officials are supposed to give the benefit of doubt to the attacker rather than the defender.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.