Was the ball over the line?

I suggest you watch it again, as it does nothing of the sort. He kicks the ball almost simultaneously with the moment he plants his foot. That foot then doesn't move until his body weight follows through and actually pulls him further away from the line
Look at his foot to the side of the pole, as the ball is at its furthest point over the line. As he plants it his foot is now on the left side of that post and closer to the goal line.

2nd leg: 5 min extra time that actually favored the team that created the 5 minutes by time wasting.
Thanks for reminding me about that. It's so fucking annoying that they wasted at least 2 of those minutes and got rewarded for it. There should be more transparency over timekeeping and separate tallies kept for each team, particularly for time-wasting. At 45 and 90 minutes, any time specifically recorded as time-wasting, should be deducted if the team responsible is losing.

Gallagher has summed my feelings up perfectly there.
By 'not popular', do you mean that the presenters are trying to persuade him otherwise, or just that Sky will be generally upset?

Yep, doing their best to persuade him otherwise.

It's worth noting that they looked at all the goals and possible decissions that could have effected them, guess which one they omitted?

Thanks for reminding me about that. It's so fucking annoying that they wasted at least 2 of those minutes and got rewarded for it. There should be more transparency over timekeeping and separate tallies kept for each team, particularly for time-wasting. At 45 and 90 minutes, any time specifically recorded as time-wasting, should be deducted if the team responsible is losing.

Excellent idea, timekeeping tally for each team,big yes from me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.