Was the ball over the line?

Let's just call it karma for Stones' knee high foul on Sterling in the box that wasn't given a few weeks ago and move on.

About time we got a bit of luck after some of the horrendous refereeing decision we've endured this year.

The only people that saw the ball was out was the 1 Everton player who made a somewhat half hearted claim and the bloke sat next to me who saw it clearly.
We were in 132 right in line with it.

Trial by television has now altered our perspective but on the night the speed of Sterling has fooled nearly everyone in the ground.

Fucking miles out mate, trust me. But after all the bad decisions we've had agaisnt this shower, including the Aguero foul last night, who on earth cares?
I was sat not too far away from in line with the by-line and at the time I thought it was clearly out which was backed up by them not showing the replay on the big screen but having seen the TV replays, it looks very close. Millimetres maybe not miles or even inches. But what the fuck, who cares. If that one was chalked off, their goal at Goodison would have to be also and we would have had an extra one for the Navas foul. Even without all that, we would have won in extra time anyway. We were the better team over two legs by far.

What I'm amazed at is how a cross from 2mm over a line becomes indefensible.

You can absolutely guarantee that had the same thing happened with Sterling playing for them against us, the reports would have all been about his lightning pace and sloppy defending, not about 2mm suddenly becoming a yard.

Come on blues, it was fucking well out. It seemed it at the time and the replays show. Not that it concerns me I only wish it was further out and the winning goal was punched in from an offside position

Look at his foot to the side of the pole, as the ball is at its furthest point over the line. As he plants it his foot is now on the left side of that post and closer to the goal line.

I can only repeat that the moment he kicks the ball and the moment he plants his foot are to all intents and purposes simultaneous, plus that camera is not static. All of that notwithstanding, I defy you to try and simulate what you are claiming, ie run full tilt in one direction, then kick the ball and try and plant your foot in a counter direction to the way you are travelling. It's nigh on impossible

I have just looked in the paper and it has the result down as 1-1, as the first goal took an unlucky deflection and Sterling was stood offside and for the second goal the ball was out of play. The goals have therefore been disallowed retrospectively. Fuck me we aren't going to Wembley after all...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.