Was the ball over the line?

if I fucking hear controversial goal one more time today im gonna smash every electrical item in the house ffs.to be fair I heard graham poll mention the no pens and freekick for their goal but the media in general has been in full on wanker mode all day

Surprised City fans are still discussing this. Yes the ball was over the line, but over all the four games against Everton this season, City have definitely come off worst in terms of refereeing mistakes, and we are in the final. They are angry and desperate because they believed the hype fuelled by the press who wanted a Merseyside final. Let it lie and move on, let Everton wring their hands in anguished underachievement. dirty fuckers too.

The definitive angle would be directly overhead, but that doesn't seem to be an option. The balance of probability would suggest that the ball was over the line but, oddly enough, I didn't lose that much sleep over it last night. Ho hum.

Yes it was it was actually in the family stand!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Biggest injustice ever.

Surprised City fans are still discussing this. Yes the ball was over the line, but over all the four games against Everton this season, City have definitely come off worst in terms of refereeing mistakes, and we are in the final. They are angry and desperate because they believed the hype fuelled by the press who wanted a Merseyside final. Let it lie and move on, let Everton wring their hands in anguished underachievement. dirty fuckers too.

I'm not surprised. Every penalty appeal we get is nailed on, every offside should go in our favour, every penalty decision against us shouldn't be one (which surprisingly since everyone is so corrupt we hardly ever concede one!).

I couldn't care less if it was 5 yards over the line. As we all know, in the future, the record books only recognise winners. How the win is achieved is pretty much irrelevant.

I see this shit all the time in football. Nearly every week I see the whistle blown when the ball has not crossed the line. People don't seem to get that the WHOLE of the ball has to have crossed the WHOLE of the line. People seem to look at the parts of the ball that are touching the grass, but the ball is significantly wider than that. I keep looking at it, and apart from my obvious bias, I'm convinced that the whole ball did not cross the whole of the line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.