Was this the story pulled earlier? Mancini V Tevez {merged}

BillyShears said:
dannybcity said:
Why would either be leaving, surely this has cleared things up?

I agree mate - it's just a few people in this thread have stated that they can see Tevez leaving next summer, and another has stated that Tevez is only loved because he joined from United and that he's already acting like he's bigger than the club. All things which I consider to be totally ridiculous. I just wanted to post my opinion, that I can see Tevez finishing his career in Europe with us, and that I think he'll be here longer than Mancini...

Ah I see, for what it's worth I can see them both being here for a very long time. From what I can gather about Mancini him and Tevez share very similar personalities, they're bound to clash from time to time but hopefully they'll realise that they need one another to suceed.

BillyShears said:
Damocles said:
Please name 10 better, whilst remembering his age and record compared to the ones that you are about to name.

The thing is mate, his age is irrelevant. He could turn out to be as good as the likes of Slur Alex, Mourinho, Wenger, Lippi, Del Bosque, Hitzfeld et al. But for the moment he's a bright young coach who has achieved a hell of a lot in a short space of time...

He's not irreplaceable by any stretch of the imagination, and certainly going back to where this particular conversation started, it would be much easier to replace Mancini than to replace Tevez if we wanted like for like quality...

Which ignores the considerable upheaval that accompanies any change of manager with different ideas on formations, tactics and players required to fill the roles that the new manager's ideas inevitably require.

Replacing any player even Tevez is actually much simpler but not desirable. Not that I think Tevez will be off any time soon nor Mancini so I guess we will just have to enjoy the spats between them of which I predict there will be a fair few. Its just the way they are.

I'm not reading the whole thread so sorry if this has been posted.
The daily star has said today manci told tevez" go fuck your mother"
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/157071/Carlos-Tevez-tells-Manchester-City-boss-Roberto-Mancini-You-can-t-shut-me-up/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... hut-me-up/</a>
They have actually quoted it so as far as i'm concerned they've crossed the line if not true.

bluemanc said:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/157071/Carlos-Tevez-tells-Manchester-City-boss-Roberto-Mancini-You-can-t-shut-me-up/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... hut-me-up/</a>
They have actually quoted it so as far as i'm concerned they've crossed the line if not true.

And have subsequently been banned from the CoM and will be sued for talking shit.

I appreciated what you were trying to say before Billy. I just think that Mancini is in far deeper than we all presume. Him and Khaldoon were good friends long before City, and there are rumours that he gave some sort of advice to the Sheikh during the takeover (rumours at the time). The relative quickness over his appointment and the fact that he kept his job whilst failing to meet the criteria tells me that he's here for a long time, for better or for worse.

Tevez on the other hand is a playing asset, who could be injured tomorrow. In addition to this, there are other players in the world who are like him though perhaps not quite as good as him. Aguero, for example, could grow into a Tevez (or so I'm led to believe, I must admit that I haven't paid that much attention to the lad recently).

johnny crossan said:
BillyShears said:
I bet Tevez is at City longer than the Italian is...

Good job we're 2nd eh Billy, what would you be calling him if weren't!

Anyway here's my £10 that Mancini is here after Tevez has gone.

I don't do money bets....never really have. I'll happily concede I was wrong and buy you a pint though if it turns out Mancini outlasts Carlos...

Still think my pint is safe though...;- )<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:28 pm --<br /><br />
Damocles said:
bluemanc said:

And have subsequently been banned from the CoM and will be sued for talking shit.

I appreciated what you were trying to say before Billy. I just think that Mancini is in far deeper than we all presume. Him and Khaldoon were good friends long before City, and there are rumours that he gave some sort of advice to the Sheikh during the takeover (rumours at the time). The relative quickness over his appointment and the fact that he kept his job whilst failing to meet the criteria tells me that he's here for a long time, for better or for worse.

Tevez on the other hand is a playing asset, who could be injured tomorrow. In addition to this, there are other players in the world who are like him though perhaps not quite as good as him. Aguero, for example, could grow into a Tevez (or so I'm led to believe, I must admit that I haven't paid that much attention to the lad recently).

That's a fair assessment although Aguero has been gash this season and isn't a patch on Carlos. If were going to start looking at players around the world who could develop into what Carlos is, then Suarez is the nearest from what i've seen...

Damocles said:
bluemanc said:

I thought only the sun had been banned????if that is true & that is a bare face lie then that paper should be banned for life.
It's unusual for a paper to use quotes like that unless they are sure it's true.........it's the star so perhaps not.

BillyShears said:
johnny crossan said:
Good job we're 2nd eh Billy, what would you be calling him if weren't!

Anyway here's my £10 that Mancini is here after Tevez has gone.

I don't do money bets....never really have. I'll happily concede I was wrong and buy you a pint though if it turns out Mancini outlasts Carlos...

Still think my pint is safe though...;- )

-- Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:28 pm --

Damocles said:

That's a fair assessment although Aguero has been gash this season and isn't a patch on Carlos. If were going to start looking at players around the world who could develop into what Carlos is, then Suarez is the nearest from what i've seen...

suarez ? let me laugh

and , by the way , let me laugh at you statements. you are out of the world mate. your knowledge of football is so poor to be near to the ridicolous.

you are using tevez just to go on you way of hate mancini becouse he is "the italian" . and all this just becouse you are a poor racist. but this really is an your problem , not a mine.

tevez is a world class player , but i would say that out of all the world class players tevez is one of the most difficult to managing. and not becouse of is shit's characters but becouse of his difficult , very difficult, location on the pitch. if you think to tevez you hardly can say what player he really is. he is not a real centre forward coz is too small. he is not a wingers. he is not a trequartista becouse he lack vision and killing passing. maybe he is a second striker , but just maybe , and anyway in that case there are really not so much shapes to pitch him.
the truth is that if you want play a regular shape of play you can find many many players better than tevez. there are a lot of better forwards. a lot of better wingers. a lot of better trequartisti. and also a lot of better second strikers than him.
and this is why i think he will have a short future in his City's careers.
ATM he thinks to be a lot better than bellamy , but , IMO , i believe he will quickly follow the bellamy's way.

Mancio said:
BillyShears said:

Still think my pint is safe though...;- )

-- Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:28 pm --

suarez ? let me laugh

and , by the way , let me laugh at you statements. you are out of the world mate. your knowledge of football is so poor to be near to the ridicolous.

you are using tevez just to go on you way of hate mancini becouse he is "the italian" . and all this just becouse you are a poor racist. but this really is an your problem , not a mine.

tevez is a world class player , but i would say that out of all the world class players tevez is one of the most difficult to managing. and not becouse of is shit's characters but becouse of his difficult , very difficult, location on the pitch. if you think to tevez you hardly can say what player he really is. he is not a real centre forward coz is too small. he is not a wingers. he is not a trequartista becouse he lack vision and killing passing. maybe he is a second striker , but just maybe , and anyway in that case there are really not so much shapes to pitch him.
the truth is that if you want play a regular shape of play you can find many many players better than tevez. there are a lot of better forwards. a lot of better wingers. a lot of better trequartisti. and also a lot of better second strikers than him.
and this is why i think he will have a short future in his City's careers.
ATM he thinks to be a lot better than bellamy , but , IMO , i believe he will quickly follow the bellamy's way.

Tevez is a much better player than you give him credit for, and it's primarily because of his goals that City are sat second in the League at the moment, despite not playing in his best position. I'm not sure what the Italian expression for 'in the hole' behind the main striker is, but that's where he should be playing imo. I'd be interested to hear you name some strikers who are better than him in that role.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.