Wasps coming into my house?

This is how cool wasps and plants are.

There's an European orchid which has evolved to look like a female wasp.

It also emits a pheromone so similar to that of the ready-to-go female that the horny male can't tell the difference.

So he lands, gets his groove on and tries to fuck a flower. Trick is, he picks up a load of pollen. The wasp soon wises up and moves on to the next horny wasp, which is (you guessed it) another orchid.

Thus is the orchid pollinated and reproduced. That's Nature and it's fucking cool.

johnny on the spot said:
That's Nature and it's fucking cool.

Unless they are in your gaff!
Can you come round mine and have a word with your mates? Tell them to move on? or take them round yours and you can have a party?
lol ;)

mcfcmatt said:
johnny on the spot said:
That's Nature and it's fucking cool.

Unless they are in your gaff!
Can you come round mine and have a word with your mates? Tell them to move on? or take them round yours and you can have a party?
lol ;)

Cool. There are other wasps that turn cockroaches into zombies. Be glad you ain't got them.

johnny on the spot said:
This is how cool wasps and plants are.

There's an European orchid which has evolved to look like a female wasp.

It also emits a pheromone so similar to that of the ready-to-go female that the horny male can't tell the difference.

So he lands, gets his groove on and tries to fuck a flower. Trick is, he picks up a load of pollen. The wasp soon wises up and moves on to the next horny wasp, which is (you guessed it) another orchid.

Thus is the orchid pollinated and reproduced. That's Nature and it's fucking cool.
The flower sounds cool.
The wasp sounds fucking stupid

Without bees and wasps, you would have any plants, crops or food.

When I did my horticulture course, we watched a programme called "the secret sex life of plants" (We did normal stuff as well in the course though) and was amazed and how nature works.

Small price to pay. Although when I got stung twice in one week by wasps, my viewpoint was completely different! :o)

johnny on the spot said:
Cool. There are other wasps that turn cockroaches into zombies. Be glad you ain't got them.

OMG you wasn't joking!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN2XMyxAs5o[/youtube]
WTF!

Another 10 have popped in this afternoon, 2 were in my little lads room 1 was on his teddy in his cot :(
I've gone and got some sealent and sealed round the radiator pipes and anywhere else there are any gaps. His door has been shut all day so they are getting through somehow. Fcuking things are driving me mad!

mcfcmatt said:
johnny on the spot said:

OMG you wasn't joking!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN2XMyxAs5o[/youtube]
WTF!

Another 10 have popped in this afternoon, 2 were in my little lads room 1 was on his teddy in his cot :(
I've gone and got some sealent and sealed round the radiator pipes and anywhere else there are any gaps. His door has been shut all day so they are getting through somehow. Fcuking things are driving me mad!

Likely to be your light sockets.

Going to get very cold soon and they'll be gone then.

I'd just declare war and chin the bastards now mate. The workers aren't going to last much longer anyway.

Some wasp species actually turn blind towards the end of season and just fart about bins, stinging everything.

And yeah, parasitic wasps are fucking cool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.