Watch WC Presentation Live

BillyMC said:
Millennium said:
What is the problem with some of you with Qatar

Qatar deserve to host the world cup more than any other country.

It is not about legacy or any thing els, it is about a nation that is working hard to acheive a bright future.

We are talking about football her, the people game, poor and rich and all countries have the right to host the world cup

This is the right time for the middle east to host the world cup. it is an honor.

What poor people are you referring to in Qatar...the migrant workers living in shit?

I am saying football is for all, big and small countries, and migrant workers came from thier countries by thier choice because they know they will get better salaries and better life.

Russian national radio reporting they had won it 20 minutes before result given - when they were still meant to be voting.

Spanish radio 10 minutes before result given. England didnt even make it past the first round.

Just sums up why I am not interested in International football anymore really !

In terms of revenue and actual paying tickets Qatar and russia will be a distaster.

Russia have fucked up just about every infrastructure project they have attempted post communism. Russia is a nightmare to get to costs a fortune. CHeapest hotel room in QAtar today is around $200 a night - with no world cup on.

The big international advertisers will have 0% interest in corporate or advertising in these regions - total non markets completely insignificant apart from a few luxury brands.

So another job well done be Fifa !

The FA should pull the England team out of all FIFA and uefa competition, as the process for hosting world cups, euro's is flawed and corrupt at best and when it comes to the English is not a level playing

big blueballs said:
The FA should pull the England team out of all FIFA and uefa competition, as the process for hosting world cups, euro's is flawed and corrupt at best and when it comes to the English is not a level playing

Sounds stupid but I actually agree.

big blueballs said:
It wont be long before we are regularly failing to qualify for them anyway.

It is not about legacy or any thing els, it is about a nation that is working hard to acheive a bright future.

We are talking about football her, the people game, poor and rich and all countries have the right to host the world cup

This is the right time for the middle east to host the world cup. it is an honor.

I don't think anyone is saying Quatar don't have the right to host the tournament, it's more a question of saying is it really suitable.

big blueballs wrote:

Sounds stupid but I actually agree.

So do I. It sounds childish and toys out of pram but we should forget about it and just play the occasional friendly. The players dont care anyway we should concentrate on protecting the prem from uefa so it doesnt suffer the same fate as our international football.

We still have world beating football in this country in the form of the premier league all efforts should just go towards that now IMO.

BillyMC said:
Millennium said:

What poor people are you referring to in Qatar...the migrant workers living in shit?

Sometimes it's not just about deserving, it's about delivering.

We're talking here about a country the size of Northern Ireland which up until a few years ago, was barely noticeable to anyone unless they dealt in the oil industry. They have only one stadium built, there's nothing in the country for tourists (there is Dubai, Abu Dhabi etc a short plane trip away, but Dubai and Abu Dhabi weren't bidding to host it), it's too hot, the laws are too strict (Brazillian women in bikinis will be getting arrested, so too will plenty of other football fans who will be drinking etc).

Politically yes, a World Cup in the Middle East is great for all that unity of the world stuff, but in practical terms, it makes no sense at all.

Millennium said:
BillyMC said:

I am saying football is for all, big and small countries, and migrant workers came from thier countries by thier choice because they know they will get better salaries and better life.

Well you'll need plenty more to build the stadiums

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.