Watching City whilst on Holiday experiences

Watched the Stoke away game in a bar in Menorca last year, 1-1 Garcia debut. Only Blue in there, and a family from Leeds were in, sporting their Rag shirts. They gave it the biggun', called me a glory supporter and blue scum etc, quite vile for a family and grandparents. Started laughing at them asking why the fuck they supported United being from Leeds. "They're the best... blah blah blah." The lad was 17 and I said "Bet you got bullied at school then", went bright red and heads down as I left.

Few nights later was the Real Madrid away game, watched in the Hotel bar with the missus. Quite busy, que me going mental at Dzeko scoring and then Kolorov. The same family there, Madrid win it obv, started cheering in their United shirts with Ronaldo on the back. An older guy behind me pipes up in a thick Yorkshire accent, "Shut up you bellends". Later told me he was a Leeds fan and the same lot gave him a comment about his Leeds shirt earlier in the day. Was brilliant, although we lost it was funny seeing this family yet again go red and leave 2 minutes later with an Arsenal fan (Who watched their game v Lille?) singing cheerio to them.

Trying to find the Arsenal game in Kalkan, Turkey. None of the bars can find it listed or a start time....., going to spend hours looking for a showing instead of by the pool or on the beach. My other half is not impressed.

You must be somewhere in nomansland not able to watch a PL-match anywhere in the world it seems. I must say I've watch quite a few City-games in a bar somewhere on holiday, even in the middle of the night at Bali.
Best one was on the Greek isle Skiathos, a pub in the middle of nowhere named Christakis ( <a class="postlink" href="http://www.christakisbar.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.christakisbar.com</a> ), advertising they had satelite and Sky Sports all over the place. So on August 28th 2011 I left the beach, walked a few miles down the backcountry to have a fieldday with City beating Spuds 5-1 and Dzeko scoring 4 times. Lots of pints and a great swim in the pool afterwards. Obviously the rags watching our game as United had a late kick-off, got it straight at them. Pity Arsenal were behaving like a conferenceteam at the swamp later on.

Gillingham final has great memories-watched it in Queens Head in Sant Eulilia Ibiza
Full of city fans and 1 Gills fan -Actually felt sorry for him when Dickov equalised cos knew we were gonna win and then proceeded to dance in the street full of lager with son . Great day!!

bar in costa adeje tenerife watching the charity shield derby and celebrating a bit too hard when we looked like winning lol

Anyone managed to watch a game at Disneyland Paris as I am there the day of the Cardiff game?

2001 in a bar in Lanzarote watching us get relegated against Ipswich - probably our worst Prem season ever.

Hotel was shit too!

Balti said:
bar in costa adeje tenerife watching the charity shield derby and celebrating a bit too hard when we looked like winning lol

Me and lad did exactly the same (location Mijas Costa Spain). was fucking gutted!<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:38 pm --<br /><br />
AZUL said:
Anyone managed to watch a game at Disneyland Paris as I am there the day of the Cardiff game?

I work in france quite a lot, you have the slimmest of slim chances!!! with that said me and the lad met Gael Clichy at Disneyland Paris in June. top bloke! :D

Watching City away at Everton on BBC live text on a dodgy connection in an Internet room in a hotel in Cuba.

Me and a guy from Rochdale thought the match was long over when news of Richards 95th minute equaliser came through. We both went mad, even though we were just watching text on the kind of internet connection I had in the late 90's. I ended up giving him my just finished Mike Doyle book.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.