Watching City whilst on Holiday experiences

I was on a cruise in 1999 and I was desperate to know how we had done against Burnley. I didn't no the result of the Burnley match till I got back into Manchester. That was a brilliant result but what soured my return was losing to Oldham that weekend.

Remember watching City beat Blackburn 3 - 2 with Anelka scoring in the last minute and put us top of the table in a pub in Lanzsorote. Considering we had'nt been top of the table in the premiership era , the name of the pub seemed appropriate at the time..... The first and the last.

I was in Barcelona in October of 2011 with my United supporting mate. We went to Flaherty's just off Las Ramblas to watch the 1-6 derby annihilation, and then stayed for the QPR-Chelsea game after it.

Us Blues were massively outnumbered, which made it all the more sweeter, getting up on the tables with renditions of "Ooooh Balotelli" and "oh wooooooah Edin Dzeko".
If looks could kill...

Then after that fracas ended, we went to meet some Yank lads in an American bar to watch some NFL. I can honestly say that I have never drank that much in my life, nor will I ever, ever again!

Sitting in a bar on my own in Malia watching us lose to fc midtjylland 1-0 is a memory that sticks out

whilst travelling in NZ I saw a pub which had put an advert in the window saying a full replay of the previous night's derby was to be shown. They were cleaning ready to open for the day and let me in to sit and and watch, and they all knew it had finished 1-1 at the swamp. Remember Cole almost getting a last-minute winner and the staff laughing as I jumped up cursing all on my own.

Barcelona - Bayern v City

No names mentioned.

Uterus.jpeg

On honeymoon in Gran Canaria in 1999, watching the play off final . Sat in a bar full of City fans, with 1 Gillingham fan at the front singing his head off when they went 2 up, getting daggers from the rest of the bar. Place erupted when we equalized, and Gillies fan slunk silently off when we beat them. Brilliant!

AZUL said:
Anyone managed to watch a game at Disneyland Paris as I am there the day of the Cardiff game?
There is a sports bar on the main drag just outside the parks, opposite Billy Bobs, watched the Chelsea game their last year

I've never seen City on TV abroad, but I was in Casiope Corfu sat on a harbour wall contemplating throwing myself in after finding out Alan Ball had been appointed manager. Within a couple of minutes a couple of other lads who I didn't know joined me, turned out they were blues and had just found out like me, it really was a surreal moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.