Watching City whilst on Holiday experiences

Was walking round Torquay after the Southampton game last season and someone started laughing at me because we conceded 2. I just looked and said... but we won?!

Trying to find a bar in Kalkan (turkey) for the Arsenal match, just an hour to go to kick off and no one is showing it- just the ashes... Fingers crossed.
Been chatting with an Arsenal ticket season holder(27 years) in the pool. Gave the usual shit about them being the only properly run club.... Never had a big injection of cash. Arsenal will rise supreme again with FFP. Etc etc. - had a lively debate, asked if he cared to join me to find the match on somewhere- he declined, not interested.

just done a week in Kavos. Wifi and Hooky Sky everywhere. Watched the Sunderland game, the Milan game and the Bayern game with ease (and beer)

Watched the game v QPR when we won the league in an Irish bar in Florence on hol. They had the Utd game on the main tv, the Fiorentina game on another main tv and the City game in the corner of the bar. Pub was full of plastic rags and me and 1 other City fan. Downheated at 2 1 down and getting the piss taken by the Utd fans, turned round to my mate and said typical City. Fiorentina game finished and the Italian girls in the bar were trying to cheer me up singing Balotelli's name. The Italian blokes were too drunk to bother with our match. Balotellli a big favourite with the Italian girls. Anyway they wanted City to win. As the game went on I drank more beer and when Dzeko scored we thought come on City ! Then Aguerro scores and we went mental. I ran round the bar arms in air past all the plastic rags shouting Championeees ! The Italian girls all jumped on top of me hugging and kissing me. What a day, what a match...not as good as being there in the stadiun but none the less I won't forget that holiday.

Was in Spain when we beat the Rags 6-1. Watched in an Irish bar with around 10 City fans and similar rag numbers. Was an absolutely fantastic afternoon and evening.

1999 in Pals on the Costa Brava, couldn't find a bar that had the game on, they were all German and Dutch places, didn't even find out the score till I got home!

The Munich Derby - Chamonix, skied all afternoon, then caught the 2nd half, couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the score, place was full of glum plastics, we made the place a bit noisier. I'd told the kids whatever you do don't let on we support city - just in case, as soon as I went in I let out a huge cheer - couldn't help myself.

2010 Malta - Valetta Arsenal at home, the only Blues in the Bar, loads of smug Tarquins was pissed as a f@rt, told them they only one coz we had 10 men

2011 Val D'sere Arsenal at home again, Lone Blues surrounded by even more Tarquins, Very enjoyable.

Last year Southampton on Rhodes, again the only blues, painful to watch and was a good predictor for the season to come unfortunately. Great fun the next night when the place was full for the scum v Everton. How they managed to win the championship with that team Ill never know.

This year Holiday in Greece in July so was watching the Open in a bar on a hooky internet link....

Watched the Midtjylland home game with a random family of City fans in Cyprus. Still see them and say "hi" now.

Watched Spurs away at the start of the 2010-11 season with five Spurs fans in Crete. It was that game we got battered and drew 0-0 thanks to Joe Hart. I got so much stick from them all game - all light hearted though.

Watched City many times whilst away in different countries,gone through some crazy stuff to find bars to watch them in....but there is allways a constant,no matter where I have watched there will be a gobby plastic rag **** there.

bluevengence said:
Watched City many times whilst away in different countries,gone through some crazy stuff to find bars to watch them in....but there is allways a constant,no matter where I have watched there will be a gobby plastic rag **** there.

Hahaha thats very true.

I try my best to be conservative with my reactions during the first two pints, then by the third or fourth I just don't care.

I once went to a bar in Rochdale (real shithole) and just by chance Everton were playing the rags, the pub had about twenty rags watching it, but after drinking all day beforehand I was full of dutch courage and cheered when Everton scored. Worst still I gave them a rendition of "bluemoon", luckily for me I was with a couple of rugby lads and only two rags had words with me (one a woman who talked quite posh telling me to "JUST GO HOME" and a polish bloke. sadly that just encourage me more. I thought fuck it, you've give it out for years you soft shites...."bluemoon you saw me standing alone"........Have it!!!!! Suprised I'm still here.

I was a tad embarrassed the next day but part of me has a giggle of the reactions of those plastics and my final get back after years of abuse by rag pub dwellers. Sad really but hey ho!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.