Watching City whilst on Holiday experiences

Time for a bump. Been a while since this thread was live. Must be more experiences in the bag for blues. Perhaps things are beginning to change. I will be in Croatia for the Chelsea game... Dubrovnik area. Need to find a City bar.

i am sherringham in Norfolk for the baggies game (High sixing the locals when we win)

Tenerife, alone in a bar, City go one up in the"Gary Neville is a Blue" derby, 30 guys sit motionless, me and a bloke on the other side of the pub go mental. we bacame decent mates as a result and no one died.

On holiday in Gran Canaria late 1998. Sat in a bar and City vs York came on the TV via a Greek Satellite channel. Only me there to start with but by the time the game finished, there must have been 40,000 blues in there. There couldn't have been anyone at the match itself!!!!

Was in Dominican Republic in my hotel room when City beat United 1-0 and Geovanni scored. It was only about 8 in the morning there. I had my own mini bar in the room and was drinking rum and coke with my breakfast, when Geo scored I went mental and nearly sliced my hand off with the extractor fan with my over exuberant celebrations. I had a post celebration encounter with the misses after the match (BONUS!) and then went outside towards the pool with my City shirt on with the biggest smug grin on my face. Fantastic day although I was probably in bed by 6pm after drinking all day. If Carlsberg did days like that. Glorious day in the Caribbean, Derby day win and Got my end away with copious amounts of alcohol in the comfort of my own room.

I watched the 3-2 game against Liverpool in Fuerteventura in a bar surrounded by Liverpool fans. I've never known a more set of arrogant supporters in my life, I was on my own and was trying to have a bit of banter and discuss football but they wasn't having it. Slagging City off to some tune and was straight in my face when they took the league (sorry lead) and scored the 2nd. I had to bite my tongue and sat there gutted, when we got it back to 2-2 I didn't even know the ball nestled in the net, I eventually jumped out of my chair when I realised it was in, fist pumping, letting all that anger out from all the s**t I had taken, a couple in the bar behind me having something to eat were laughing their t**s off and were telling me good on you lad. You could literally hear a pin drop. Then I got my comeuppance big time, I had to take it. The result spoilt the rest of my holiday.The as I landed back in Manc realised we only drew with Sunderland.

Kussadsi in Turkey.
Watched the 6-1.
I was the only blue with my misses and kids.
I gave these red cuts that much shit after the 2nd goal they got up and fuckedoff.
It was obviously brilliantly even my misses thought I was mad.
At the end of the game a guy from a jewellery shop opposite came over and brought me a drink.
Said he never seen such emotion about football.
I said this isn't football it's city and the scum.....

In a bar in Kalamaki Zante with Mrs Warspite...she's a loon by the way.....watching City v Arsenal when Adebayor did his gallop down the Etihad pitch to taunt the Gooners, bar was full of them but she ran to the TV turned around ran and slid on her knees right in front of them, she then jumped on a table and started singing ''Bluemoon'' to be fair they all cheered!

4-1 Derby win 13-14 season in southern France. English Bar full of chelsea, rags and a few city fans including me. Every goal we scored stood straight up celebrating like mad with 2-3 rags leaving every time to 'get cigarettes' to never be seen again. Loved walking back through the port after with my city shirt on :)

I watched the 2-1 villa win when Peter Reid scored in a Paris hotel and the 5-2 spurs win under Horton in a bar in Tenerife. Oh and the annihilation of Burnley in the almost called off due to rain game in a bar in Lanzarote.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.