Watching City whilst on Holiday experiences

Going back a few years I was in spain and managed to find a bar With our match on. Don't know if it was against Arsenal or Chelsea but Ashley Cole scored the only goal

Watching that Boro game when it was snowbound whilst sat in the sunshine in Sharm was good.
Bribing the barman to put the City game on (think it was boxing day) at the Hilton in Gambia was a smart move as it pissed off a couple of gobby Arsenal fans and every gimp in a rag shirt hopiing to see their team.
Sports bar, Beach road, Candolim, Goa. Possibly the best place to watch a game i've been to.
Schalke away in a bar in, Gelsenkirken.

Colliahhh said:
Saw our first 2 pre-season matches in bars in Porto last week. How times change ey?

Watched the spurs match when Dzeko got 4 in the middle of Dodoma, looked for the poshest hotel around (not high standards) so that I would be guaranteed no power cuts for the match.

Dodoma in Tanzania right ? i was there in 1993 ,not many people know its the capital and not dar es salem !

i was in bar beer complex in Pattaya (used to go that much i basically lived there) on 2 nd road between soi 12 and soi 14, think it was 2002 or 2003 when we drew 1-1 at the swamp ,right near the end Goater or Anelka scored but typically the ref dis-allowed it,id jumped up going totally mental screaming me head off and going crazy,100's of bar girls looking on in amazement at this crazy farang ( foriegner ) going mental,i was drinking with an old guy from burnley who kept shouting at me but i couldn't stop celebrating,eventually i calmed down to realise we'd only drawn and not won,great trip though !

Side turkey 2007 (I think). Bristol City in the Carling or FA Cup (can't remember) and we won 2-1. A Bristol City fan got me on a local Bristol radio station to comment on the match. A few days later, we played Arsenal and I bumped into two Norwegian blues who took me on the piss, but we ended up losing 1-0. Highlight of the game was Kasper Schmeichel saving a penalty and I didn't spend a penny all day! The wife wasn't impressed either!

Alcudia last year in a little bar/cafe. Was sat watching the Inter game and another chap saw my boy and me in our shirts. I think he was from Manchester originally but was living down south. I don't think he realised the game was on and dashed back after (I'm assuming) squaring with his missus. Didn't get the guys name. Maybe he's a member?

recently

two brill trashing Burnley and spurs enjoyed in an irish bar in Madrid the bar did the pozan with some non plussed spaniards joining in during the spurs match

and bizzarely both Sunderland games last season the the 0-1 lose and 3 -3 draw with some very animated Norwegian blues in a bar ran by a really friendly Turkish guy called Benny Hill sadly a shit end to a great holiday in Gran Canaria

watch us at the Maharba Beach, Tunisia,when we played Liverpool.Left at half time to go to the airport,we were winning 2-0.When i got to the airport we had lost 3-2!Last year was in Morocco when we played Bayern at our place and won 2-0,full of Germans in the bar,boy they have no sense of humour

If anyone has ever been to Thailand they will know that pretty much every local supports United.

I was at a rag bar (walls covered in United garbage) for the QPR game and I knew the Thais there pretty well, all of them support United, and they know I'm blue. The whole game they were getting in my face. Once we were a goal behind it was getting unbearable and I was considering leaving as I was one of only two foreigners there (the other foreigner was also a rag).

Fortunately I stayed and fuck me, I made so much noise when Aguero scored. Literally the only person out of about 40 people who said anything for a couple of minutes. After 30+ minutes of jeers and ridicule it felt great. As soon as the final whistle was blown they switched of the TV and told me to bugger off, despite being totally ecstatic I still had wits to know it would be stupid to stay, didn't care, just went and got smashed at another bar.

Drove by later on my motorbike and shouted AGUERRRRRRROOOOOO.

W12 said:
Watched the 4-3 derby loss to utd in the Kings Head, Santa Monica, CA. Was a 5.30am kick off and it was rammed full of fake utd fans with just 3 City fans.
Also watched games in Singapore & Australia.

Been in there quite a bit, and to be fair they are a good set of lads. Used to go an watch them play football (played against Vinny Jones team once.

Went to Praia Da Oura in 96 and missed the 1-0 home defeat City v Wolves when Steve Bull scored for them. Anyway I watched it on my own in a bar and settled down nice and early just me, the landlord and the local brew. Don't know how many I had but when I got up to leave and walked into the blazing sunshine I thought 'Oh shit'. By the time I got back to our apartment I'd given the whole resort my full repertoire of Kippax songs at full volume then collapsed in the bathroom shitting myself and puking at the same time and spent the next 24 hours in bed. Naturally the Mrs didn't see the funny side for a few months after that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.